Ok, biking - why do you actually do it?

kinda like 'living-room queens' rather than our 'garage queens'! ;)

i've been pulled up on that score with the wife, for having two bikes in the spare bedroom for a year or so, certain demands not met if not moved to the garage :LOL:

i ride to work each day on a knackered hack, but other than not much else, but still enjoy the mtb thing, but strangly (spell) not drawn to tour de france or similar, kinda enjoy headonistic days at race events, cira malvern,

like others hear dare say, after a good purchase and fettle, can just gawp at a bike with a beer for ages! :oops:

wife understands by now- 17 years married!

Rubber stamped!! A ok.

looking forward to meeting folks etc, blah! blah!

don't know what to wear that give the game away, going to be a lot of 'regular folks' there!

might walk around with a fat cog t-shirt to start with :LOL:

yeap deffo go 2b there.

Think Scant hit the nail on the head for me, just those bits where your not sure if your gonna stay on or not but somehow manage ot keep it together just you and the bike fantastic feeling, oh and as Jez said to gawp at they really are beatiful things.

It sets my soul free, releases me from the drudgery of day to day life. I'm operating the world's coolest ever machine, travelling at speeds god never intended and flying like a bird.

Well, I have to wonder. mainly as i'm no spring chicken any more so why am i not on motor bikes (apart from em being lethal), i have a full licence but only had a starters bike and that was 1994. :?:

And I have 5 cars, all but one out priced by my Dr Jekyll! Thats right 4 of them are worth way less than £900 and 4 of them dont even go yet! :?:

And although i like a burly bike, the Stunt thing isn't me, which poss explains why i never went moto x mad or owt.

Deep down I'm still a XCer, and freerider, i love getting out there in the fresh air and feeling as free as poss, its great, cant do that in a car,,,really.

reckon i need a longer distance lighter bike really, i'm the meantime i'll have some fun this summer :D missed it last year! :(

reanimation":3stxnuaf said:
Thats right 4 of them are worth way less than £900 and 4 of them dont even go yet! :?: :(

Are they Sierra's? And if so, is it because you keep blowing them up?

:shock:

No i just sold my second working one - it was standard, i have collected a few projects... :oops:

not sure if its wise going mad off topic but briefly they are '85 MR2 (project) '89MR2 to be sold soon, '84 Sierra V8, and '76(?not registered) Alfa romeo kit car. and soon getting a shonky old fiesta van which will b perfect for chucking bikes in! :D

So yeah i'm a bit retro mad! :oops: :D

watching ebay for old bikes now too thanks to you lot!

PS i'll be changing my avatar after i find pics to scan...

Because I can

Because growing old may be compulsory but growing up is optional

Because you should do something that scares you every day

On that one I'm in debit... must get out on the bike more.

And because I love my toys

Sadly just had to get rid of the BMW R1200GS (but on the look out for a 600cc trailie) but still got the pimped up Discovery :D

Seen here whilst commissairing on the TransWales last year. Actually as a 1994 I suppose it qualifies as Retro?

Attachments

• Copy of 2006_0819Image0050.JPG
    Copy of 2006_0819Image0050.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,122
Back