C16RS

Graeme

Devout Dirtbag
How is a C16RS different to a C16R?

I have an option on a frame and it's being held up as 'very rare, only made in '96'. The Orange site only lists C16Rs and puts them into two year groups. Was the difference just in the equipment spec or is it in the frame?

Guide price for a decent one?

Thanks

Graeme":sfhri220 said:
..The Orange site only lists C16Rs..

Haven't heard of the ~RS sorry, so can't help.. But what's the link to the Orange page with older Model info?

Sounds to me like a dealer price list 'phrase' to describe the suspension option:

C16R £ x

C16Rs £ (x+100)

Sort of thing...

Stick Legs":1iiz82ef said:
Sounds to me like a dealer price list 'phrase' to describe the suspension option:

C16R £ x

C16Rs £ (x+100)

Sort of thing...

You could be right there Pete, since Oranges were usually always sold as rigid complete bikes.

Isaac_AG":1pv7h7hw said:
Email Orange I'm sure they will know

Top idea.

Can't find an email address on the website, I'm sure it will be someone@orangebikes.co.uk but does anyone have a name there?

Thanks

And if it's a plain or garden C16R what's a reasonable price for a decent condition frame?

Perhaps I can help,
Two friends of mine bought new C16R,s way back when.There was constant bickering between them as one was a C16R and the other a C16RS.
Both were fully rigid the only diference that I can remember was that the C16R had an STX groupo and the C16RS had an STX-RC groupo.
On second thoughts the RS may have had better rims as well.
Hope this helps.

Elmo":2uoxfayc said:
Perhaps I can help,
Two friends of mine bought new C16R,s way back when.There was constant bickering between them as one was a C16R and the other a C16RS.
Both were fully rigid the only diference that I can remember was that the C16R had an STX groupo and the C16RS had an STX-RC groupo.
Hope this helps.

Interesting.

Maybe it was a special edition with a few upgraded bits.
Anyone else heard of a C-16RS?
It's not in any catalogue or ad i've seen so if anyone can shine some light... :idea:

:D

Elmo":1f5twh91 said:
Perhaps I can help,
Hope this helps.

Can you remember if there were any different markings?
It's just the frame I am buying and I don't want to pay a premium, even a small one, over a standard C16R.

And come on folks, what would you pay for a decent condition C16R frame? I wont sue anyone. I have no idea.

Back