rocky mountain fusion

Great looking frame, all very classy, just as a Rocky Mountain should be, and especially in the 17.5 size with all that slope in the top tube. Great shape, great colour, great decals, great dropouts. :cool:

I agree about the tyres, black is a good colour for tyres IMO.

Anthony":35om0wdx said:
Great looking frame, all very classy, just as a Rocky Mountain should be, and especially in the 17.5 size with all that slope in the top tube. Great shape, great colour, great decals, great dropouts. :cool:

I agree about the tyres, black is a good colour for tyres IMO.

there you are dave.another member who thinks it looks great as it is. :D

totally. what were they thinking? i was reasonably imprerssed with their performance but they are terrible looking.

quick update.

i am really happy with this bike but done a few little changes.

last night i fitted my onza hola brakes (cheers fenton) but i am still in two minds about them. the good thing is the noodle can go on either brake arm. swapping the rear to the right means i can run the brake cable down the front mech routing on the right side of the bike. the benefit here is that when i do singlespeed it i can remove the double guides on the left. initially i was going to have to remove them then replace with a single guide, which i wasnt too keen on.

i have aslo swapped the levers over to a nice pair of avids, grips are good old foam ritchey wcs. bar has been swapped for my carbon syntace. i think the stem is for the swap next. i am going to try something a tad shorter.

i ordered up a replacement bottom bracket yesterday so i can swap the cranks over to the race face turbines i bought a while ago.

i have just secured a set of z1 bombers from pete off here to replace the judys. this means i might at some stage utilise the disc mount.

next job is going to be strip down, track ends then respray.

it has been done before but i am thinking about the gulf racing colours. blue frame, orange cranks fork and possibly stem.

here's a pic and i'd be interested in your comments

nb3y86.jpg

2wovc7b.jpg

339sq3q.jpg

dp8hau.jpg

alsooo...

i mesed with the chain line and am getting away without the tensioner. there is plenty of slack in the chain but the line is mm perfect and i have hot had a single skip, jump or dump (yet :LOL: )

Leave the frame alone, keep the tensioner just incas you change your mind.

I was only ever ss'ing the S-Works because its so light, but now I am thinking gears.

Pickle":llbzv89s said:
Leave the frame alone, keep the tensioner just incas you change your mind.

I was only ever ss'ing the S-Works because its so light, but now I am thinking gears.

there you are dave,yet another member who is saying what i tell you every day,keep the bloody thing as it is because it looks the mutts nuts :D

The one thing driving me to track end it is mike's insistance that i don't! Seriously, if something else comes up pronto i'll chop that instead but at the end of the day its not exactly unique

Chop it! Half assed ss jobs with tensioners look :roll: or get an ENO hub for the same clean look,a slack chain will eventually catch you out :shock:

Back