Modern ish Haro Stem (ahead) And Macneil Sprocket/Bashguard

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
haro stem: came from a 2003 x1

the condition is reasonable, i would like £6 posted

Macneil Sprocket: 36t, a few scratches on the bash as can be expected, but otherwise good con. i would like £10 posted

cheers :D

Attachments

• pbpic4287152.jpg
    pbpic4287152.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 291
  • pbpic4376635[1].jpg
    pbpic4376635[1].jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 264
hi mate just wondering how tall it is where the steerer goes in?

just bought some new forks but my current stem is waaay too tall, there's an inch gap!

cheers

old school stems - through the frame and then a stem with the bar goes inside and a bolt goes through the stem and tightens up with another bolt/wedge into the forks - forks have a thread on them and a head set clamp bolt tightens down the whole lot

mid/new school stems - forks go through the the frame and stick out the top - but this time the stem has no bar, but a hole where it now slips over the top of the fork - there is also no thread on the forks - a bolt now goes through the top of the forks with a flat top that keeps the lot in place along with two bolt that clamp the stem either side - you can fit spacers to fill out the gap that is made by the stem and the top of the frame headset - you can adjust the height of the stem by moving around the spacers (above or below)

so it sounds like that a couple of rings/spacers will sort this out ;)

hope this helps - cheers B ;)

well actually I was just gonna stick it on my MTB, currently got a profile Boa which is HUGE

any problem with doing this? MTB and BMX take a similar kind of beating, as long as it fits it should be fine, right? The only thing is it might affect the reach in a strange way

TW85":1u0ahkqi said:
well actually I was just gonna stick it on my MTB, currently got a profile Boa which is HUGE

any problem with doing this? MTB and BMX take a similar kind of beating, as long as it fits it should be fine, right? The only thing is it might affect the reach in a strange way

Modern BMXs have to take a hell of a lot more abuse than MTBs. Ok, the stem isn't that modern and it is only off a Haro complete, but it should hold up to anything you'll be doing on an MTB.

It will affect the reach because BMX stems are short (around 50mm). Also BMX stems are 22.2mm clamp so you won't be able to run regular 25.4 MTB bars.

Back