I need a rigid fork for my Raleigh Titanium..!!??

kaos

Retro Guru
Hi guys!

I've looked at Kona P2 forks and the new Salsa rigid fork, any other ideas?

The bike is a Raleigh Titanium john tomac design series.
Bulit as a singlespeed with blu Tioga components and chris king headset etc...

Thanks,
Martin

Have a look out on ebay for a Raleigh UGLI fork, came with the UK version of the Ti bike (called a Torus over here) when new. The other fork that came with it was the X-lite Rex Trimnel fork - a dual crown Ti fork with intergrated stems, an absolute beauty!

Other than that the Pace range are always worth a look (RC30/31), or some custom made ones from any decent frame builder (Independant, Vicious etc).

Just have to be careful of the length as the new Salsa is modern suspension length and may put the front end of the frame in the air too much

In case you get tempted by some Morati Ti...I wouldn't rush into a pair.

I know everyone has horror/ jubilation stories about products so maybe this was just a bad era but...

a friend bought some a couple of years back and the steerer was only joined at the bottom/ inside and not at the crown race bit, so there was a visable gap between the tube and where the crown race plate is and the steerer would flex/ wobble because it was only held in place at that one join.

Was quite unpleasant to ride not to mention feeling quite dangerous.

Had a nightmare getting it sorted with the distributor here. - Still ongoing i believe.

Who knows, may have just been an anomaly.

Sounds like a nice bike kaos!
Yeah I second the motion for the U.G.L.I forks (if you can find some), keep it in the family.

Anyone ever seen the XLite Rex Trimmel forks around? Would love to track down a pair if anyone wanted to part with some.

How about kona Track Two's , I have a pair if you're interested ;) They're silver so would look great with a titanium bike..

Thanks, guys! I guess i have to search ebay once a day in a year to find one of those forks... :D

The salsa looks nice, but its the same length as an 80mm fork.

Back