On One [Caution: Modern Content]

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Have to say, if anyone has is right in the British Bike Industry, it's On One..

New Inbred frame out, dropuouts are on the ugly side [bit of over engineering me thinks] but they always get pricing and geometry right.. And for a modern ride, it's nice to have that Dekerf'd wishbone, plum saving sloping top tube, Clockworkesque no-chainstay bridge and find-them-everywhere 27.2mm seatpost..

http://www.on-one.co.uk/page215.html

slotdrop500w.jpg

they are 'ok' for cheap frames. There seem to have been several releases lately that haven't really been thought through fully..
- Slidey dropouts went pretty quickly
- 29er mud (no?) clearance to front mech

Makes me chuckle when I see inbreds built with King/Fox/Thomson etc all blinged up. madness.

Had a tinbred.
Sold it.

They've been launched with an offer at £499, Juicy3 brakes, carbon fork. Goes up £10 a day until it hits £599. At £499 its a bargain, did make me briefly wonder why i bother play about with the Bonty, which has cost me a lot more. Then i remembered, the Bonty is waayyyy cooler and in a different class :cool:
Oh and much higher spec :LOL:

gump":12vo1263 said:
..Had a tinbred.
Sold it.

Didn't get on with the Tinbred gump? Have a mate in the UK with one.. He loves it, he's had it for about 4/5 years now..

Say what you want about the quality but Brant at least puts a lot of thought into his designs and theres always a reason behind the way a frame is made.

hey, I never mentioned quality!

There is some good thought in some areas, agreed. And he is good at marketing and providing what people want. Much respect for this.

Hilts":2122qmur said:
Matt, did you get confused and think you were on STW for a minute ?? :LOL:

I DONT CARE WOT YOU ALL THINK THEIR [sic] GRATE AND YOU LOT DONT KNWO ABOUT BIKES COZ I HUCK AND DERT JUMP :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

[Yo Hilts, that's a big 10-4..] :LOL:

Back