An Xmas stocking fillet (NOS M730 new years day update!)

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Had a letter from parcel force through my door when I got home asking for £20 VAT for a bike frame from the US. That could mean only one thing......my Jamis Dakota Comp frame had arrived from across the pond :D

Just got her home, unpacked and taken a few piccies......

DakotaComp005.jpg

DakotaComp003.jpg

DakotaComp021-1.jpg

DakotaComp013.jpg

Nothing special about the frame or the brand, I've just got a liking for them thats all!
Already got a NOS T-bone on its way from the US of A and waiting on delivery of a pair of Mavic MA40's laced to XT M732 hubs too, so now on the hunt for the rest :D
Almost forgot, got a pair of minty M732 thumbies too ;)

Cool steel

I like,i have been thinking of something like this,with 7 speed XT for a while. :D :D

Re: Cool steel

MRGRUMPY":1vsrgxza said:
I like,i have been thinking of something like this,with 7 speed XT for a while. :D :D

I have an almost identical Dakota thats a year or too older and running 6 speed MT60.
Be nice to have two :D

love the paintwork of the frame.

in the last picture is that just the flash bringing out an orange colour? only ask, as the paint work looks similar to something you'd see on a klein.

very nice.

jimjim2012":1l202tay said:
love the paintwork of the frame.

in the last picture is that just the flash bringing out an orange colour? only ask, as the paint work looks similar to something you'd see on a klein.

very nice.

Just the flash I'm affraid!
Discovered today that I need two sets of U-brakes for this! It just hadn't crossed my mind to check before I bought it.
Just assumed that it would take canti's :oops:

Never mind, just makes it more of a challenge :LOL:

Back