199? Mongoose Amplifier

Hi

I did raise it with the Mods but they can't do anything. Seems like the user (hennahairgel) has removed his feedback thread as I can no longer find it - funny that. Anyway won't recommend him to anybody in the future!!!

Ade

GoldenEraMTB":18rag0vi said:
that came out nice :cool:

Thanx! I'm happy with it for now. I'm sure in the future I'll make a few minor changes. Once I've sorted out servicing/tune the front/rear shocks, I'll move on to creating repo decals. And if I'm happy with that, maybe I'll strip the bike down and repaint the bike.

ovlov440":2v97dya0 said:
Hi

I did raise it with the Mods but they can't do anything. Seems like the user (hennahairgel) has removed his feedback thread as I can no longer find it - funny that. Anyway won't recommend him to anybody in the future!!!

Ade

Sorry to hear that. I don't think a user can delete a thread. I'm guessing maybe the mods did it.

You might want to try contacting Amp Research and see if they have a rebuilt kit for the fork.

built up some repo graphics if i ever get around to stripping and repainting. the "Amplifier" font isn't quite right. the letter "R" at the end is obviously wrongm meaning a different font was used compared to what was used for "Mongoose". will have to source the correct font and recreate that another time. ;)

Attachments

• Amplifier.jpg
    Amplifier.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,037
  • MongooseTubetube.jpg
    MongooseTubetube.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,037
  • MongooseHeadtube.jpg
    MongooseHeadtube.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,037
some original decal shots for comparison. ;)

Attachments

• img_1920_579.jpg
    img_1920_579.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,032
  • img_1919_202.jpg
    img_1919_202.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,032
  • img_1918_144.jpg
    img_1918_144.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,032
RockiMtn":16tnculp said:
built up some repo graphics if i ever get around to stripping and repainting. the "Amplifier" font isn't quite right. the letter "R" at the end is obviously wrongm meaning a different font was used compared to what was used for "Mongoose". will have to source the correct font and recreate that another time. ;)

Nice work on the sticker design. Looks like the Os in MONGOOSE need to be tweaked a bit to have the same 'slant' as the other letters.

I own a black Amplifier which I bought new. I hated stickers and removed mine immediately. If you decide to have yours made, I might be interested in buying a set sometime in the future(If you want to sell any).

Nice project,BTW

72tunaboat":1d67mmap said:
Nice work on the sticker design. Looks like the Os in MONGOOSE need to be tweaked a bit to have the same 'slant' as the other letters.

I own a black Amplifier which I bought new. I hated stickers and removed mine immediately. If you decide to have yours made, I might be interested in buying a set sometime in the future(If you want to sell any).

Nice project,BTW

Thanks! :cool:

yeah, the O's have to be tweaked a bit more. i typeset the entire word all at once but it made the O's too slanted. so i replaced it with regular O's which matched better but is still off.

when i get some time to figure out how i want to go forward with cleaning up the frame and print out decals, i'll contact Amplifier owners here and see if they'd like a set of decals so that i can create a batch instead of printing only one or two sets for myself.

some new goodies for my Amp stuff. some softer "green" springs for all three F2 forks, some seals/o's for the rear swing pivots, shock tool, and a CT post. ;)

also some pics of the installed TWP brace. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,914
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1,914
  • IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,914
Back