Guess what arrived today (KLEIN content) !

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
:cool: :cool: :cool:

adept3.jpg

Klein Adept

This baby is a 1994 Klein Adept hybrid with complete Deore XT M737 part spec. Size is 19" with 56cm toptube and 90mm stem. So very short indeed. Had hoped a little longer stem. :( It's all original except front tire and possibly the seat (should have had Vetta or Flite). A little dirty (I love girls to be that way! ;) ), so I have to clean her up and tune some things...

adept4.jpg

By the way, the colour is 'Coral Reef' and this one might be the only one of its kind since I've heard that only a handful of Adepts were made (Mr. Gary Klein told this personally to a guy I know) and most of them were painted with solid colour as the linear fades were surcharged options. I've only seen 1 'Moonrise' and 1 'Sunburst' Adepts in photos but none other linear fades.

Needless to say that I'm very happy man right now! :D Just wish it would have been 20" instead of 19". :cry:

Checked the frame # this morning and was surprised.
Let him who have understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, it's 19V0295007!
This means that it's built in Feb 1995 and it's the 7th frame built that year. Very strange since Adepts should have been discontinued after 1994 model year and this one is made very late in the '95 model year...

007 - James Bond's bike :p

Archangel":3s8yczky said:
Very strange since Adepts should have been discontinued after 1994 model year and this one is made very late in the '95 model year...

possibly a warranty replacement for somebody?

Anyway AA, very nice, like it a lot.

:)

Back