So what (retro) bike related guff is Santa bringing you?

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
So what have you asked for or treating yourself to?

Put my request in for a pair of sealskinz socks and some of those waterproof car seat covers. And since I've been particularly good this year, may also pick up a cheapo '29er... not hip enough to go fixie, so I may settle for the big wheels instead.

29er ?
try to get a gt peace 9er ,i bought one last year ,sale price +lbs discount
£150 , might still be on the clearance lists ,not a bad bike too ,once you
fit lighter wheels

crimbo

a copy of clunkers on dvd would be nice

mikee":y6wxmxuu said:
29er ?
try to get a gt peace 9er ,i bought one last year ,sale price +lbs discount
£150 , might still be on the clearance lists ,not a bad bike too ,once you
fit lighter wheels

crimbo

a copy of clunkers on dvd would be nice
Bloody hell, that was a good deal. Was leaning towards the Haro Mary, but keeping an open mind.

Klunkerz, now there's a thought :)

Yep, Klunkerz is a cool film and buying a copy helps out the small indy film maker that took on some serious debt to bring the story to the masses. Go direct to the website http://www.Klunkerz.com to order a copy. This way all the funds go to Billy and his huge re-mortgage.

Cheers
Si

Cheapest 29er currently about that i'm aware of is a DB Mohito, alloy job in SS format but using a tensioner so can be upgraded gearing wise. Think its sub £400 complete so not bad. On-one 29er frames are quite cheap too :)

I've not Xmas bike stuff plans, just boring stuff like headsets to source :roll:

ZZ go for the 29er :D IMO nothing less than a Steve Potts will do.

I've asked for a new hydration pack and a new commuting bag, and unless the wifes worked out I want a merlin/moots/litespeed/SAB/EWR/San An/Kestrel that'll be it.

Ah, feeling the Moots love eh Kai?? Fitted the barmy Jones H Bars last night. Big problem is that mounting the Hope levers has robbed one of the most useful hand positions :evil: Looks cool though. Just waiting on a tensioner and a tyre and its all systems go.

Dr S":28glx8y8 said:
Ah, feeling the Moots love eh Kai?? Fitted the barmy Jones H Bars last night. Big problem is that mounting the Hope levers has robbed one of the most useful hand positions :evil: Looks cool though. Just waiting on a tensioner and a tyre and its all systems go.

still wish I'd gone for this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moots-YBB-Frame-tit ... 502wt_1165

Jones bars are mad, still going SS on it? What kind of tensioner are you fitting?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
"I don't need anything darling let me get you some shoes instead"

thats because I've spent a fortune already, that you know nowt about :roll:

kaiser":3rviv8jk said:
Dr S":3rviv8jk said:

still wish I'd gone for this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moots-YBB-Frame-tit ... 502wt_1165

Jones bars are mad, still going SS on it? What kind of tensioner are you fitting?

that is very nice- got a Ti itch that won't go away eh kaiser- this bike thing is an illness I tell Ye :evil:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back