Pee Wees SSMM Training and Preparation Thread - NO ELITISTS!

:LOL:

I've had a bout of man flu for the past few days so haven't touched a bike now for 8 days. Meant to be racing Sherwood on the 13th May :shock: .

Think that 'race' may be a loose term for it, but it should be a nice day out anyway :)

Water rats...

I don't think Russ recovered from his physical maladies in time to race. There were times in the deluge when I thought I wish I had been ill too...

I had forgotten how boring Sherwood is as a course venue; of course the rain was relentless from start to finish - by lap two it was like riding on a bar of black soap; the sand twatted up the Gripshift in no time forcing three lengthy mechanical stops; and the sand wore the pads down to nothing. Apart from those negatives I was happy with my efforts and don't feel too beat up this morning.

One choice comment on the start line: 'Excuse me mate, hope you don't mind me asking, but how old is that bike...???' :LOL:

Neil

Hmm, don't ask!

Didn't miss riding in the rain, but am starting to worry about the lack of riding going on round here at the mo. Hoping to have enough lungs to get out on a bike this week.

Weather beaten...

Went with the Alibi - ran good apart from Gripshift vs. sand = loser. No brakes by the end either... Weather was f****n sh*te - no way it can be worse at (SS)MM, he said tempting fate...

Neil

Who has got what in the way of lights ??

I've got those electron 5w/10w combo which i'm hoping will be enough.. Are we going to have a generator neil as mine tend to like being charged just before use, they don't hold charge very well..

apart from that we probably need a Team kit list..

I've got a fairly decent track pump and a selection of tools I'll probably bring with me.

Er...I haven't got any lights! But am hoping to borrow some or will buy at last min if needs be! A better system than leaving them in a big tent with everyone elses might be a good idea for charging too, good point Hilts.

I'm sure we've all got loads of the right gear so probably need to define a list of what we need as Hilts said and then each of us bring specific bits so as not to bring loads of stuff.

I'll bring some kitchen scales if you like.

;)

Guy's, ive borrowed a unit thingy that plugs into a fag charger, all you have to do is plug in your charger into it :idea: This should be ideal for you James. No need to leave expensive lighting units mixed up with people we don't know.
Im running a light&motion arc and a smart head lamp, used them at
nightrider 12 and worked a treat. I think a kit list is a good idea as i usually bring everything just incase. Might save some room in the car :!:
Are you guys bringing things like camping stoves, or like me [who can't cook :oops: ] praying there is a good caterer there :?

I'm planning on being there for the whole weekend even though I'm not riding so if you guys need somebody to keep on top of food prep/bike maintenance etc whilst you're riding/sleeping, let me know. Happily be your bitch for the weekend... within reason! :)

And my vehicle (I refuse to call it a car) has two lighter sockets, which may help with light charging?

Latest posts

Back