Where is Everyone?

Ally

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Aye - Aye,

Most seem to have the location bit filled oot, but just curious anyway.

I'm in Banchory, about 18miles west of Aberdeen.

Local trails for me are Hill of Fare, Scolty, Kerloch, Clachnaben, Glen Tannar, and time permitting some of the areas further west from there. Don't get much time to go anywhere else really.

hi Ally, I put myself on the map thing aswell so might want to check that out, think there are a few 'fit like fellas who might want to ride, you fancy any of the proposed official macretro rides this coming new year? What do you ride BTW ?

oh yeah sunny Ayrshire is my habitat.

Aye. I'll need to have a look through the dates and so on, but yeah, I do. Need to get running again for duathlons again perhaps.

Bikes are:
Raleigh Maverick 1985, not really a rider, but ridable.
Muddy Fox Courier, 1987, A W.I.P. at the moment, need a fair bit done. This one is a long term build.
Proflex 856, 1996, used pretty much every day as my winter bike. Want to get something else for this though so's to keep it a bit better. Great bike, lots of fun.
Kona Kilauea 1996, rigid, still tinkering to get it right. Not quite happy with it yet.
Giant TCR road bike. Nicely set-up now.
Scott Genius MC40 2008.

Definately fancy meeting up next year though for something.

Hello again Ally,

We are a bit spread oot, the majority in the central belt but others are dotted throughout. Now we know your there we may try and schedule a meet up your way ;)

I'm in Orkney but visiting Scotland for a short tour tomorrow.

Very short in fact as I'm cycling from the ferry at Scrabster to Thurso two miles away, fighting Orkney's corner on the Dounreay Stakeholders Group, then reversing the route the next day, slipping in a visit to an industrial estate on the way.

Spreading the retro message relentlessly of course, as I have to an ever increasing amount over the last 20 years (as my bike has got older (too)).

Currently pishing rain here just now, depressingly.

Cheers
Steven

I'm from Paisley, originaly Glasgow though.
Changed my location to my truck as it felt like i was living in the damned thing when doing crazy hours a few months ago :roll: , will change it back soon :)

That would be cool if anyone did funcy some biking here. Lot of good areas.

Don't know much south of the Sidlaws really. Need to rectify that really.

What like is the off-road in Orkney? I've been up a few times but no biking done.

Pandas are in wet and windy Oban - but I Do Like to be Beside the Cairngorms..... ;) Never seem to get that way often eonough though.

:xmas-cool:

If you ever come down to the sidlaws give me a shout - I'm Dundee based, although I have done more cycling at glen tress this year than in the sidlaws. :oops:

Back