GT Xizang

This maybe a Xizang ?.. although my friends 91/92 Xizang doesnt have the plate behind the seat stays or drilled drop outs.. Made in Germany ? so maybe not even a GT but a bit of a blatant copy if its not..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1[/url]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Xizang

My Xizang doesn't have that 'plate' on the seat stays, but my old (93/94?) Zaskar LE with a U-brake had one. Nor does it have the drilled out drop outs.
The drop outs on my Xizang also have "GT" embossed into them (as well as at the end of the top tube).
Also it might just be the light, but the chain stays look like the change from square near the BB to round near the drop outs, which out be very tricky to do with Ti.
The welds on the German frame look like Ti and not aluminium welds.

I'll try and get some pics up of the different looks of Ti welds I have on my 3 bikes (1990 Litespeed, 1995 Boulder Starship and GT Xizang), all very nice but different.

Back