10K BMX-frame

oh yeah

Ohhh Yeahh! :cool: :cool:
The holy grail Yeti's BMX brother, but with a lot more cred :cool: :cool:

If I had the money, I would, but then so would everyone ;)

Jamie

Shamus":24p4c7rm said:
If you compare C26 and this... :roll:

Yeah, nobody knew whether it had been made in a shed from tubing "acquired" from Yeti.
And there was some discussion about whether it was even a real C26.
And the C26 project was shelved.

THIS is THE prototype designed for Stu Thomsen by Scott Breithaupt.
This frame is very well known; BMX collectors know who owned it over the years and there is ZERO doubt about its' authenticity;
It was the basis for all later S.E. Quadangles, which were extremely successful frames and are still made today.

Oh - and BMX collectors have VERY deep pockets, compared to MTBers :D

AND... Yeti stole their famous turquoise team colors from the S.E. powder-blue and brown.
(OK, I totally made that up - Sorry - Runs away, before the Yeti heavyweights arrive :LOL: ;))

Interestingly, there's a 2nd bid on that BMX bike so the reserve has been met and now there are 2 (presumably deep pocketed fellas) ready to duke it out. Set your alarm clocks and get a bag of popcorn to watch the end of this auction. ;)

grail

This is the real grail.
I like the yeti and understand its place in MTB developement but this is the real deal. This individual frame has a true tangible history. The names that have trashed this frame over the years is enough to make it legendary even without being a prototype.
Even Stompin Stu says its the grail ;)

Jamie
(I would expect it to go to at least 15K no problems, and I would if I could) :cry:

Does this bike rank even holier than the BMX grail? :p

Attachments

• bike0_small.jpg
    bike0_small.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,083
  • bike1_small.jpg
    bike1_small.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,083
No

No, thats not even close.
Nice to someone, but no grail in my books.
It might be better value than the Yeti though :LOL:

Jamie

Grail

Peewee is cool but not quite in the same range as the people who have ridden this actual frame.

Jamie

Believe it or not it sold for over $17K a couple of years ago. Not my thing but neither is the Yeti or the BMX. Cheers though to the folks who ARE interested in these bikes. Makes the world a better, more interesting place.

Back