'Dillo Tough! - 'Chocolate' '93 Fuquay Custom. Finished!

24pouces":2tfytear said:
Interesting for the brooks bolt tensioner. But how did you remove the old bolt ? On a new brooks, the tension is too high for unscrew…

Just a 6mm allen key. Slacken the rails off (by screwing the bolt all the way in), pop the bolt head out of its housing and unscrew. It was made more difficult because the bolt was slightly rusty as well!

Biggest problem I had (aside from trying to find stuff) was having to turn the bushes on a lathe for the Paul brakes as they didn't have any. My first attempt was a bit over-enthusiastic with the cutting bit, but the following four turned out really well! Setting the front Crosstop brake up is a bit of a pain as well! :twisted:

The most rewarding job for me was building up the wheels... ;)

Just had a look through the BOTM bikes and keep forgetting how cool this one is :cool: top job.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

I remember reading up on an interview with Mr. Fuquay bitd, in MBUK. He was showcasing a similar bike to this, but in purple, and I've been on the look out for one of his masterpieces for a while now. Always loved the forks he made, and it's great to see such a cracking rebuild from an indie bike builder.

Loving the brown, and loving the spec.
Steve

then get back to work lazy bones :roll:

the pics appear to be hosted on photobucket which are sometimes blocked by company firewall doodahs.

Back