BOTM eurovision song area group voting problems

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Just had a thought, unusual I know, but hang on in there please :roll:

This AEC and subsection malarkey is all about getting more people actively riding, building and generally retro-monkeying around, yeah?

So the months pass and this becomes quite a success, we've seen how well the scottish scene has taken off. This leads to a sense of regional loyalty and speaking for myself here I tend to favour a macretro stead in the BOTM comp. I know that lots of you are less shallow than me, but I could see this having a noticeable effect?

With the competition becoming a nigh on impossible one to win these days unless you have a time machine or alternatively wads of wonga, this group voting might become prevalent and successful? Could we see a powerful area group controlling the destiny of the BOTM winner?

Sorry this is not even worth a thread, just the rambling of a man that should have went to bed already but WTH. It's better than the "what's your favourite swear word- NSFV" thread, that I was going to start- Just in case you were wondering, I was going to start the thread off with "cumbucket", just to get things moving along :twisted:

:LOL: there was a mention in the chat room that the french forum was help to back a winner :eek:

I'd defo vote for the french above the heathens down south, unlike you, I'm not sure I'd vote for the huns but the yanks would def. get my vote.

I for one will be getting everyone down the job club registered to vote for the clockwork this month, prob don't need to bother given the dross that is entered so far but better safe than sorry :twisted:

BoTM has become a joke. Too much buddy voting and if you have a look at the number of new registered users around the 19-25th of the month that never, ever post a single word (ie-register an account just to put in a vote) you would be shocked. Over the last six months there have been some really fishy votes- third placed bikes that are 10 votes behind jumping into the lead over the space of a weekend for example. I can't see the point- what a hollow victory to cheat your way to a win?

Agh so dodgy dealings abound already, that will explain my lack of sucess then :LOL:

I do admit to favouring friendly retro bikers in my voting habits prob alot also vote with a small degree of bias but getting kith and kin to reg. Is pretty sad for what is an Internet accolade with no real value unless you did it the honest way in the first place? Strange times indeed, and it is hard to see how we can return it to a more fair minded comp if folks are being that underhand? Anyway si, ment to say to you before, I'll vote for you again if you reciprocate, same deal as last month. :twisted: :LOL:

Only kidding honest.

I'm off to the For Sale forum, 1 x BOTM vote for sale, Will trade for minty 1" Flexstem in black. Give me a year and I'll have one of those little 'vote trader' banners to go with my MacRetro Rider.

Forum should be configured to only allow BOTM voting from users that have been registered for several months and/or have a minimum number of posts. Would make it a lot harder (although still not impossible) to create a bunch of dummy users for voting purposes.

I tend to vote along two lines - If I've enjoyed a bike's build thread and gained an appreciation of the amount of work that's gone into it, it'll get my vote - the white Serotta from a few months ago was a memorable one. Otherwise, if the bike stands out in the big list of pictures, it get's a closer look and I take it from there. Philistine that I am.

The mini clockwork falls under the first category for me, and since I was pretty vocal about it being entered in the first place, it'll be getting my vote. Now Gazz, about that Flexstem I'm looking for...

;)

:LOL: :LOL:

thats a good point, how hard would it be to only allow folks that have been reg/posted for a while, to vote?

kaiser":2fwb10in said:
:LOL: there was a mention in the chat room that the french forum was help to back a winner :eek:

I remember that month. When the French stormed in and invaded :shock:

Back