NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

How was the night ride Si?

We did the Red\black in the morning

4160857806_49a0ddb0a3_b.jpg

4160856130_59c4059204_b.jpg

I didn't go in the end Jamie. I'd been at work all day and I would have to rush about to get there in time- I was cold and hungry and just couldn't face 26 miles in the drizzle. I'm workng hard at the moment and finding motivation to do anything other is difficult.

Dr S":lp7trgai said:
I didn't go in the end Jamie. I'd been at work all day and I would have to rush about to get there in time- I was cold and hungry and just couldn't face 26 miles in the drizzle. I'm workng hard at the moment and finding motivation to do anything other is difficult.

That's a pisser Si was going to ask how your crosser coped, pretty flat route with a fair few gates IIRC so might not have missed much.

BTW where does one go to get some mid '80's rubber, in any condition (no trojan jokes please).

80's rubber? You have to look long and hard my son. You'll just have to compromise and put any old amber wall tyre on. I'm looking for a pair of early spesh tyres for the Stumpy but have just fitted some NOS Farmer Johns for now. Are you going all period correct on that there Wicked? Are you folowing the factory spec as found on First Flight?

What year is yours?? My 87 Wicked is completely factory stock and original apart from tyres and saddle. Its got 730XT throughout.

Si

86 Si, Rob is looking out some goodies and should get back to me- got a suntour xc 9000 groupo waiting to fit. I think I might go for 700 brakes and I have the spesh fat chance saddle that came with the bike to.

Dr S":4o4604pl said:
80's rubber? You have to look long and hard my son. You'll just have to compromise and put any old amber wall tyre on. I'm looking for a pair of early spesh tyres for the Stumpy but have just fitted some NOS Farmer Johns for now. Are you going all period correct on that there Wicked? Are you folowing the factory spec as found on First Flight?

I reckon you need period IMO........... :twisted:

Back