Another 'faze' in went through.

ti-fat-man

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks, was tidying up my pictures folders, came across this folder.
this was an impulse purchase at the time, passed my test when i was 17, then didn't ride a motorbike until i got this babe, scared me sh*tless, so sold it on, cheers enjoy, ti-fat-al.

Sorry the title's a bit mank, butter fingers!
the M1SL gone as well, looked good, pig to ride to the shops mind.

sad i know, but always favoured gawping at the bike without the fairings, if your into pipes etc, sure you'll know why.

Very very nice...how big r those dics :shock: loving that colour too
much nicer than red [imo]

Wow. I wish I was into motor bikes. I really love that machine.... DUCCATTTIII!!

I would seriously kill myself so I have banned myself from even learning to ride one. :p

Now sadly sold. Do miss her but i need my licence!

ynkc2n.jpg

those discs, 420mm diameter, fully floaters, the outers proper wobble free on the buttons attached to the spider, at first i thought they were faulty (real shame faced when spoke to duke dealership) :oops:
really thought the yellow was cool, kinda like a yellow ferrarri ;)

ti-fat-man":6o0w527s said:
really thought the yellow was cool, kinda like a yellow ferrarri ;)

It's FERRARI by the way

Nice to see someone who appreciates the proper colour for a Ferrari and it aint red!

In the days when cars were raced as national teams, red was introduced for Italy, just as green was for Britain, Silver for Germany etc etc. For some reason this colour (Rosso Corsa) has been asumed to be the colour for racing Ferraris. Yet the colour was introduced in the 1920's whereas the first Ferrari race car was not built until the '40's.

However when Enzo Ferrari first started racing (in an Alfa Romeo) the colour for his team, Scuderia Ferrari was yellow. This being the colour of the city of Modena his birthplace. It is also for this reason the Ferrari badge has a yellow background to the prancing horse (the Cavallino Rampante) and the letters SF (for Scuderia Ferrari).

The horse itself was originally the motif of Count Francesco Baracca an Italian air ace in the First World War (when Italy fought on the Allied side). The Count's mother met Enzo Ferrari after a victory in a race at Ravenna in 1923 and asked him to use it on his cars as a good luck symbol. For this reason it is sometimes referred to as the Ravenna Horse.

Now here comes the Ducati connection.

In the Count's squadron was also the father of Fabio Taglioni (Chief Engineer at Ducati 1954 to 1989), who used the same symbol on early racing Ducatis.

So now you know!

And why do I happen to know this? Well what do you expect when my surname's Ferrari :D

Attachments

• 120px-Scuderia_Ferrari_Logo.png
    120px-Scuderia_Ferrari_Logo.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,358
Back