BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The other Cunningham

bushpig":2pckfiur said:
This is Mantis X Frame, later called the Valkryie, number 1. It was Richard Cunningham's personal bike and he used it to test the new design. The frame design was only made for one year before Mantis went to elevated chainstays.

The bike has been painstakingly restored with a period correct, NOS kit.

X-Frame.jpg

Ah...case in point!

Awesome bike/build/history.

GoldenEraMTB":vqvpcokb said:
bushpig":vqvpcokb said:
This is Mantis X Frame, later called the Valkryie, number 1. It was Richard Cunningham's personal bike and he used it to test the new design. The frame design was only made for one year before Mantis went to elevated chainstays.

The bike has been painstakingly restored with a period correct, NOS kit.
X-Frame.jpg

Ah...case in point!

Awesome bike/build/history.

Having had a chance to see BP's latest museum piece in person before it was shipped to him, I can attest to the fact that it's absolutely immaculate and period correct, better than new. That, plus the story behind it, gets my vote, thought the "Viet Nam" :p Mountain Goat is a close second.

edit: Wow, never realized I hadn't posted here before. I've been lurking on this board for a long time, I just assumed that I had posted something.

Agreed, difficult choice this month. Fuquays got it for me though.

:shock: :shock: ...and I thought last month wasn't easy. BoTM becomes horrible :D Every month more head braking entries it seems..

Before making a decision, I wait what else pops up this month. Every time I check the threat it becomes more difficult. Wish I could make a vote as soon as the first entry was there. That would make it far more easy... OK, not as fair as it is now, but hey.. contestants, think about the voters health ;)

..realy like this BoTM so far, as I have a soft spot for one-of-a-kind and high-end retro's

When is the BoTY ? I think there might be a couple of likely candidates for that in the BoTM right now.. :shock:

breath taking so far... no not suffocating luckely.. :D

Wowsers!! :shock: Loads of stunning bikes there .....such a difficult choice !! ....i've narrowed it down to 5 so far

Very difficult choice this month.
Without thema, I can't compare and vote for so differents bikes,
The breezer are elegant, I love the little pace, I love the "leftfield" side of te Tamarac… And the list is so long…
:roll: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back