BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if I should enter something, but I fear I'd just be making up the numbers...

I think I'll also need to work on my photos too!!

well to tell you the truth, I know feel honoured to be in such good company ;)

the win is getting far far away but the suspense greater :shock:

and I think this month entrants present selection ( probably other surprises to come) makes it one on the most qualitative and "balanced" (ie the result is very unsure) BOTM ever or am I biaised ?! ;)

by the way Philippe has started the trend of "germano-retrobikers" treasures discovery that is going to be very competitive for futures contests :idea: :D

retrobike is becoming more "european" :idea: :LOL:

Re: The other Cunningham

andrewl":1rbvojyz said:
In the MBA article this there a problem with the rear rim, or is it just their photo?
Just uneven wear to the anodized sidewalls. If the wheel has a bit of a sideways hop at that point, the anodizing won't wear at the same rate as the rest of the rim, leaving a dark patch. You can see traces of the dark anodizing remaining all the way around the rim, as well as that big patch at the top.

On road wheels that are kept very true, you sometimes used to see the anodizing disappear in a wave pattern where the spoke tension makes the rim walls bulge ever-so-slightly.

Re: The other Cunningham

bushpig":1i52c28f said:
This is Mantis X Frame, later called the Valkryie, number 1. It was Richard Cunningham's personal bike and he used it to test the new design. The frame design was only made for one year before Mantis went to elevated chainstays.

The bike has been painstakingly restored with a period correct, NOS kit.

X-Frame.jpg

X-butt.JPG

More pics, and the MBA photo spread of the bike, here:
http://tastydirty.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2620

There you go! I actually prefer this to the e-stay version, and that fork is a beauty. Got my vote.

EDIT: The Reese's KLEIN? Gives me the same feeling as eating a King Size pack of peanut-butter cups. It's an unusual bike, but you could never call it beautiful. Orange Revolutions - grim.

Some pretty outstanding stuff once again this month :cool:

I really can't call this.

John":1sx4dneb said:
Some pretty outstanding stuff once again this month :cool:

I really can't call this.

I agree, maybe some stuff too esoteric? or too many museum pieces for some? A lot of vote splitters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back