BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumpfy":3klxqvpi said:
My vote is to ban gm1230126.

I'm sure he's just having a bad hair day or something like that ;)

Anyway are you going to throw the Orange Sligshot into the vote? Sure its not a likely winner, but I'm sure it will get a few votes :)

The other Cunningham

This is Mantis X Frame, later called the Valkryie, number 1. It was Richard Cunningham's personal bike and he used it to test the new design. The frame design was only made for one year before Mantis went to elevated chainstays.

The bike has been painstakingly restored with a period correct, NOS kit.

X-Frame.jpg

X-butt.JPG

More pics, and the MBA photo spread of the bike, here:
http://tastydirty.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2620

Re: MTB of the month - December

gm1230126":343v6vkw said:
Go back month after month boys and see that others have also brought up the numbers of pictures posted. If you mods aren't going to level the playing field by sticking to the vary rules that were posted in the first thread...what then? There was nothing mean spirited meant by pointing put the rules. If you didn't notice Matt is new to the forum...so what's wrong with pointing put a few things. NO bad was meant from my side and if you took it that way Matt...I certainly do apologize

I don't think pointing out the number of pictures was mean spirited- however, I think this was......

Let me get this straight......you are asking for us to vote for a "plain Jane" production bike wrapped in a a candy bar wrapper paint scheme for bike of the month???......sheesh! There's been many "marketing relationship" bikes done over the years but I wouldn't say this is one of the better ones.

Now can we get back to some more bikes

Good idea. Don't take it too seriously dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back