WTD Inch aheadstem, 9 speed Record/Chorus alloy rear mech

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
As above looking for:

- a silver inch aheadstem, 110 preferably. I can shim of course but would prefer an inch stem at present. Plain is good too.

- a 9 speed Campag rear mech, preferably Chorus but Record would be good too. Oh, and MUST be all alloy.

hang on EdEd, you need to specify pre or post 2000 rear mech, as campag brought out revised 9 speed kit then which had different pull ratios. The pre-2k ones (which can also be used on campag 8 speed setups) are getting hard to find.
Chris judens shimergo article on the ctc webiste tells you how to identify which is which by appearance.

Ah, good stuff, with my extremely limited knowledge of modern Campag I incorrectly assumed just needed a generic 9 speed rear mech.

I'll have a look at the Chris Juden stuff - the Ergos that I will mate it to are Chorus 9 speed and run a Racing Triple rear mech at present so I'm guessing post 2000?

chorus groups were for both types - I know I had em.

The destinction is something like (and I'm not sure for defo, so please check) - if the right hand ergo tells you the no. of speeds on the lever housing at the top, its a new-gen, post 2000 lever. If it tells you the gruppo, ie it says chorus there, its pre 2000. But please check.

Thanks again chaps, reckon I'll be posting up a photo of what I've got later!

Cheers

Ed

pigman":1ptd7sbm said:
chorus groups were for both types - I know I had em.

The destinction is something like (and I'm not sure for defo, so please check) - if the right hand ergo tells you the no. of speeds on the lever housing at the top, its a new-gen, post 2000 lever. If it tells you the gruppo, ie it says chorus there, its pre 2000. But please check.

Thanks for the info but what does it make this one do you think :? ?

Attachments

• Chorus Ergo.JPG
    Chorus Ergo.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 868
Hard to see from pics but providing the trigger under the brake lever has no hole in it, then it's first gen of the "new" type ergo levers which makes it 97/98.

Latest posts

Back