BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or is BoTM a very divisive activity - it almost destroyed VRC and every time is poke my head in here to see what's up, there are mean-spirited jabs being taken in BoTM...

Or it could just be gm123456789...

BoTM COULD be so much more, without all the bellyaching and bicker (he said, ironically adding to the bickering)

oh well. as you were.

RichieB":34zji4ah said:
Is it me, or is BoTM a very divisive activity - it almost destroyed VRC and every time is poke my head in here to see what's up, there are mean-spirited jabs being taken in BoTM...

Generally people subscribe to the "if I've got nothing positive to say, I'll say nothing" although BoTM does generate some great discussion each month.

The key however is that there are varied, consistently top quality bikes entered month after month and that's not being bought down by the mean spirited haters - better to be a contender than a never was!

Go back month after month boys and see that others have also brought up the numbers of pictures posted. If you mods aren't going to level the playing field by sticking to the vary rules that were posted in the first thread...what then? There was nothing mean spirited meant by pointing put the rules. If you didn't notice Matt is new to the forum...so what's wrong with pointing put a few things. NO bad was meant from my side and if you took it that way Matt...I certainly do apologize.

Now can we get back to some more bikes?

RichieB":3f792iv8 said:

BoTM COULD be so much more, without all the bellyaching and bicker (he said, ironically adding to the bickering)

oh well. as you were.

some discord keeps things interesting, and it never goes too far, like over on the VRC. Things remain somewhat civil, then we all kiss and make up. The mods do a good job as well...perhaps you should poke your head in more often...or not ;)

Kevin has been a bit edgy lately in his posts...hmmm, ever since GT was voted uncool...coincidence? I think not ;) :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":14n8v7b5 said:
RichieB":14n8v7b5 said:

oh well. as you were.

some discord keeps things interesting, and it never goes too far, like over on the VRC. Things remain somewhat civil, then we all kiss and make up. The mods do a good job as well...perhaps you should poke your head in more often...or not ;)

Kevin has been a bit edgy lately in his posts...hmmm, ever since GT was voted uncool...coincidence? I think not ;) :LOL:

Yea, when I tried to enter bikes for BOTM, two months in a row the mods went out of their way to slag my entries. Very above board.

bushpig":1951153s said:
GoldenEraMTB":1951153s said:
RichieB":1951153s said:

oh well. as you were.

Yea, when I tried to enter bikes for BOTM, two months in a row the mods went out of their way to slag my entries. Very above board.

really man? I don't know...I guess it's a matter of perspective. The Merlin, though built with LX, was thought to be higher than mid-range, yet it wasn't disqualified. The WTB Phoenix Ti, (my holy grail bike for a couple of years), wasn't kept out, but was discussed due to its mostly modern kit.

It seems as if you entered them with some desire for them to be a bit controversial, but maybe not. You have many awesome, perfectly period correct bikes to enter, that would not only be void of controversy, but might get a bunch of votes...but what fun would that be, eh ;)

RichieB":3nz7qw7t said:

oh well. as you were.

Of course any form of Competition has the innate ability to be devisive - but BoTM was and is 'competition' with a small 'c'. The true value of the exercise is to encourage all folk to show their bikes as they would have us see them - and this has been proven to be successful for many years.

The fact that VRC tried and failed could indicate an lack of understanding of the subtlty that has been maintained here - that 'winning' ain't the thing - whatever, that episode is history.

You say every time you 'poke your head in here' there is 'mean spirited jabs' at BoTM - I'm here all the time and I just don't see that at all. Having said that - citing the 'two picture rule' to a newbie is harsh... The two picture thing matters not a damn as they get trimmed down to one for the poll anyways.

Am very interested on how you think a BoTM could be so much more though...?

Mr K

bushpig":1a2hkfow said:

Sheesh.. it's enough to make a man start his own forum, ain't it! ;-) I trust you all feel each other's love regularly over the wall...! :)

Mr K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back