Marin Muirwoods 1989 REBUILD!, sunglasses recommended.

Maybe I'm blinded by the colour, but this is one of the nicest rebuilds I have seen. Good to see that it's not just me giving some TLC to a bike that is not necesarrilly top-end.
I am totally in love with that colour. :oops:
Always wanted a neon bike myself. Who did the powder coating job?

Reinster im touched, cheers mate!!

and she is by no means top end, very much entry level but i love her all the same.
I have always mountain biked for fun, not competitively, and it was always the low to mid end stuff I would see on the street and trails which turned my head, and seems this has stuck.

Powder coat was done by Bournes in Birmingham,who apparently have a very good reputation, but are under new management so I'm told by my LBS, quality of the work has suffered though .

Decals have arrived so hopefully will apply then this weekend!!

Charlieboy

Cool.. It's looking nice with the black grips and wheels there, amazing how much they make a difference! Looking forward to seeing it with the new decals on :cool:

Virtually finished!!!

right just a quick few photos as the decals arrived and i got a bit excited after i put them on, it was a bit cold and dark and wet so will take some better photo's when i have the chain on and i can take her some where nice,lol

WOW thats awesome! Can't believe i've only just stumbled across this bike now. Love the colour and i think it looks amazing :D :shock: :D

gee shucks, thank you folks!!

its a bit weird i keep going in to look at her every hour or two,lol

Charlieboy

Cracking build there. Saw one on ebay last week, and it didn't go for a lot of money, so I'm kicking myself a bit on that one, as I was intending to win it!!

Fluro is the way forward, imo, to keep things really retro, My old A-stars was fluro BITD, and you just can't beat it. lol.

Just a question, out of interest: what forks are they? I'm pretty sure they're not stock, as I remember the muirwoods (and Pallisades) back then having slightly less-chunky ones. They really suit it though, make it look a bit 'harder' than normal and the decals are without a doubt a massive finishing touch

Nice one!! :cool:

Cheers Steve,

no forks are not original but they were one of the first things i replaced when i got her in 91, as the threads on the original forks were buggered.

They are tange chromoly forks and are made by a german sounding name but in taiwan or japan, Weber, or Leber, i googled it when i had the forks off a few weeks back, still in business making steel and carbon forks, cant remember the name now and wish to god i had written it down, but they make a lot of OEM stuff it seems, and carbon road bike forks.
I have to say it quietly but i never did like the look of the old forks anyway,lol

Here's a pic of the one I missed on ebay (apologies to the owner, for nicking/using his picture). Got to admit, although yours isn't 100% period perfect it is absolutely STUNNING!!

Attachments

• muirwoods.jpg
    muirwoods.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3,052
Back