BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn!

this month is ridiculous...guess it will be a devil in the details type of month :twisted:

hope we get a good voter turnout.

Ok... I´ll add just a Pinnacle...
It´s my wifes ride!
:cry:

pinnacle_side1_k.jpg

pinnacle_front_k.jpg

More here...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79932

Re: MTB of the month - December

m_lorz":2n3qi7c7 said:
Okay, let's give it a try.

This a kind of a special bike and a lot of people will ask "what is this"

Here are the specs:

• Frame: 1991 KLEIN Attitude "Reese's", XL (22")
    Fork: KLEIN Unicrown "Reese's", XL
    Headset: KLEIN integrated MC1
    Bar / Stem: KLEIN MC1
    Grips: ODI

Full Group: Shimano XTR 900 which includes
    Brakes
    Shifters / STI-Combo
    Derailleur & Shifter
    Cables: Gore-Ride-On
    Cranks: Syncros Revolution, Custom Painted to fit frame / fork
    Wheels front: XTR hub, DT spokes (radial), Araya rim, Specialized 1991 tire
    Wheels back: Tioga Tension Disk, XTR, 12-32 8-speed cassette, Specialized 1991 tire
    Skewers: Tune AC15 (the oooold ones)
    Seat post: Control Tech
    Saddle: Flite Titanium 1st generation

Now the story to the bike: It came over from the US 3 years ago and circulated a bit on ebay.de, but no one was sure about it 'cause of the color.

So, I decided to buy it in 2008 and started to investigate:

The bike is a "once only" built custom spray for the Managing Director for Reese's (a cake made by the brand Hershey's in the US) and the color of the frame is the color of the cake packaging. The black "dotted lines" are the profile of the cut cake, to make it look alike". Found this out by research in NYC last year and bought the matching t-shirt (see pictures).

Then built it up piece by piece to match the year, hunted for a fork (that was nasty) and made it paint in the same was as the frame...2 yrs. of work, but worth it.

The bike is being ridden frequently in the summer and was awarded "Bike of the Event" of the 2009 "KLEIN meets KLEIN" summit in Germany.

Hope you like it and make it bike of the month, I think it would be worth it.

Any questions / comments are welcome, Matt

Let me get this straight......you are asking for us to vote for a "plain Jane" production bike wrapped in a a candy bar wrapper paint scheme for bike of the month???......sheesh! There's been many "marketing relationship" bikes done over the years but I wouldn't say this is one of the better ones.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Another stellar street month for BoTM - god it's boring around here... ;-)

Howabout we have a seasonal end of year MoTM poll!!!

Mr K

Re: MTB of the month - December

gm1230126":2m77kwsl said:
Let me get this straight......you are asking for us to vote for a "plain Jane" production bike wrapped in a a candy bar wrapper paint scheme for bike of the month???......sheesh! There's been many "marketing relationship" bikes done over the years but I wouldn't say this is one of the better ones.

Hi gm1230126, up to you to like it or not $;-)

Sure, there are a lot of bikes out there worth being on the board (on top), for me it's about the effort s.o. put into building up a bike (and if you've been looking for a XL KLEIN fork to complement a project, you probably know what I mean).

Yes, you can source all the stuff from ebay, yes, it might be a bit an artificial piece of the species, but I can assure you, to select the right pieces, to find the matching colors (orange ain't orange...) and to rebuild the painting mask for the bar shadows...takes some time (not too much of the money) and lots of love for the thing.

So, again, everyone's got a different taste and that's just good.

A great evening to all out there.

Matt

The Reese's /Klein should be disqualified......per the rules all entries are only allowed a max of two pictures. See....Rule #8. Two pictures per bike only.

@Matt....I've been playing this game a while too bro and yes have experienced waiting months and even over a year for that "right part". So know where you are coming from....all of us do :shock:

gm1230126":2gxhb8o5 said:
The Reese's /Klein should be disqualified......per the rules all entries are only allowed a max of two pictures. See....Rule #8. Two pictures per bike only.

@Matt....I've been playing this game a while too bro and yes have experienced waiting months and even over a year for that "right part". So know where you are coming from....all of us do :shock:

Hi gm1230126, thanks for giving me notice about that limit of pictures.

Was just too enthousiastic when I posted it and did not go into the details of the rulebook, now back to 2 pics.

Regards, Matt

Jeez, great month yet again - there will be some superb bikes that get very few votes just due to the quality of the other entries.

gm1230126":1no44swk said:
I'd also draw you to the "Don't take it too seriously" rule :D . Actually, your downer on the Klein may ironically draw more attention to it and therefore make votes more likely.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back