Alpinestars CroMega DX (E-stay) project

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, and finally got round to giving it a quick clean-up and once over.

At the moment the big plan is to try and get this a little closer to period (pedals / seat etc.) and then the paintwork all tidied up. It's in fantastic condition for it's year, and I'm desperat to keep my 1st project nica and simple!! lol.

Enjoy: :D
Retrobikes028.jpg

Retrobikes023.jpg

Retrobikes020.jpg

Retrobikes022.jpg

Retrobikes018.jpg

Steve

fingers":1xflgonp said:
Love the paint schemes on these... Wish fluo would make a comback!!

It did, to some degree last year, but in no way did it look good!! lol.

As you can see in the pics, it was just starting get dark and the fluro colours were just jumping off the frame. More importantly 1st though, I've got to find a match for that grey. . . . . . .

Great looking bike and one that I definately wanted back in 1991.
I wouldn't mind one now, especially in that condition.
I'm sure Sinnett117 will be along soon to compare notes. :cool:

drystonepaul":1hxki9i2 said:
Hello,

Strange how Paul knew I'd be commenting on this?

Looks great, really fresh and bright. They ride nicely too. Only thing I'd watch for is that stem, most of those were recalled bitd for breaking. Might be wise to replace sooner rather than later.

sinnett177":c60o397v said:
drystonepaul":c60o397v said:
Hello,

Strange how Paul knew I'd be commenting on this?

Looks great, really fresh and bright. They ride nicely too. Only thing I'd watch for is that stem, most of those were recalled bitd for breaking. Might be wise to replace sooner rather than later.

He knew you'd comment cos we're the only two people here who love these things!! lol.
Later has already happened!!! the stem snapped on the last owner (I knew about it, but luckily I work with some fantastic welders, so will probably get them to sort it) around the bolt that tightens the handlebar clamp up.

Just keen to get this one mint, is all.
Steve

Back