My 01/02 Klein Adept...new updates from my OP

Jeff, yeah i figured but if it was on the other side no one would see the added skewers. sorry for being ignorant but which side is the "right" side for the skewer and why?

I also need some advice. as you know i am looking for a kooka billet or klyde 105mm 0 deg 3DV stem. Someone has a 105mm 5 deg kooka klyde blue stem. i don't mind the 5 deg but not sure if the blue would match my bike since i have a bunch of 3DV parts. what do you think of a blue stem?

I figure the "right" side is the non-drive side of the bike i.e. all the QR levers would close on the non-drive side. Reason? The rear derailleur makes for a tight squeeze to close the QR if it were closed on the same side as the cranks. While most bikes I've seen follow this rule, I do see a lot of bikes though that have the seatpost QR close on the drive side but I choose to have all the QR's close on the same side.

If the blue you're talking about is that lighter blue annodized color that a lot of Yeti or Manitou bikes have, I'd say no. The black is fine as is but I agree that a 3DV would look extra sharp given the other components you've put on there. As an assist, I'll keep my eyes out for one for you.

That pump has to go I'm afraid. It has no place bolted to a Ringle bottle cage.

Ask for a Camelbak Mule for Christmas and stuff the pump in there.

Don't respray it either. That colour's lovely. If you don't like the colour, sell it and buy another one in a colour you really like. Even if it is a 'Trek, Klein', it's still a special looking bike in my opinon.

Klein Adept Comp 2001

I have a 2001 Klein adept Comp (The Jamaican Gold one) that I am considering selling. All normal bike forums write off the Adept due to age and the fact that you apparently cannot get spares for it anymore.

However Now I have realised it is a RETRO Bike (I hadn't realised I'd had it sooooo Long!) I also see there are others out there who appreciate the unique klein look, build and paintjob. It still gets a lot of admiring looks!

I am interested for views on how much it may be worth and also prepared to consider offers! It is either a L or XL (I am 6ft 3" and it is the right size!) It is in extermely good condition and comes up almost like new when not covered in Mud!

Dave

Barph, you need to follow the forum rules and stick it in the "whats my xyz worth thread" Pictures will help your cause.

Sales are not permitted on the forum without a fixed price, although you can state you will be open to offers on that price. Ebay is the place for the open ended offers route.

My Adept is also available for sale, although not advertised widely yet. So I shall be watching with interest. (It didnt really find a home in my fleet, the 2008 Epic covered me for XC full sus)

Sqeaking noises

Re the comments above about the squeaking - I've had an Adept Comp since 2002 as my main bike.

I had the squeaking/creaking problem after a few years. It was the pivot point bushings - got them replaced and it was fine. You could still get spares then though.

I'm currently looking for a source of more as I'd like to have some in stock in case of future problems. If anyone knows of / finds a source I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Cheers

Re: Sqeaking noises

SteveKain":36h9wshr said:
Re the comments above about the squeaking - I've had an Adept Comp since 2002 as my main bike.

I had the squeaking/creaking problem after a few years. It was the pivot point bushings - got them replaced and it was fine. You could still get spares then though.

I'm currently looking for a source of more as I'd like to have some in stock in case of future problems. If anyone knows of / finds a source I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Cheers

My memory is a bit hazy but I seem t recall that the Gary Fisher Sugar frames had identical bushings to the Klein Adepts.

Thanks for the info!

Since posting last I've had a reply from Trek support. Apparently they still have the correct bushings in stock and they can be ordered from Trek dealers. Details they supplied as follows:

The bushings can be ordered by your local Trek dealer and the part numbers you need are as follows:

200092 x 4 £2 each
253580 x 2 £6 each

Back