Bristol bike fest

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Im thinking about entering and can't decide which one to do.
Anyone from here doing this :?:
If so which one.. saturday 12 hour/ solo/team
sunday 6 hour.

Would be good training for MM , so is that a offer for a team :?:
If so 2 more needed..... If not i will prob do the 6hr solo on sunday

sylvain, thats on the sunday isn't it :?: Im doing the 6hr solo also on sunday...maybe see you there.

Sylvain. how did you get on :?: I managed to finish 16th out of 26 in the mens fun 6 hour solo, the heat was a killer tho,and i only stoped for about 15 mins for a food break, was a good event, and a good course even though i blew the seals on my forks :roll:
There's some good photo's @ http://www.photo-it.com/

Ok, so I cheated a bit by being in a team (No. 362 - Terrys Cycles Tea and Cake), but we won the 6 hour single speed team event by a whole lap.

Awesome course, a bit spinny at times without the big ring, but powering past all the guys (and gals) with gears on the zig zag climb up to the bridge rocked.

Spotted a nice Jeff Jones and a couple of pro-flex doing the rounds but forgot a camera so no pics.

The Jones was propably Biff's - I didn't see it though.

We got an early start at 9am on Sunday for the singlespeed race, it wasn't such a bad thing as we avoided the worst of the heat (I was woken up early anyway by a pressing bladder and singing birds).

Simon (not a forumer) and I spent the Saturday evening cooking burgers and sipping various blends of beer. We then headed to the SSUK stand for more free beer and the joustling matches. Had a chat with various acquaintances and called it quits shortly after midnight, having most probably complied with the 5-pint rule of old days.

I started the run towards the back so never got a chance to see the leaders go away. Found my bike easily and after passing a few people thought I was in the leader's wheel. The course was awesome but hard work on a fully rigid - my flimsy ti forks also meant I had to dodge big roots and rocks for fear of them bending so it was a bit of a gymkana in places. Then Superman on a 29" went pass and I had a hard time keeping up with him - perfect bike for this course. He had a mechanical though so it was again me and the other guy, had to let him go away on the second lap. Caught up with a guy who I thought I was lapping but then he shot off, I think he'd been ahead.

The beer was now taking its toll, and I was feeling slightly sick. I learned at the end of lap 2 that we were up for 3 laps, good as I couldn't have done more. Finished in 4th with a warm pint to drink in one go to officialize my position, urgh.

We drove back after the awards and I felt terrible for the rest of the day :? .

Back