Finished at last - 89 Rockhopper Comp

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Before - not in too bad a shape but lots of rust patches and the mountain LX had seen better days.

main.php

Off to the sprayers and then put back together with a bit of a mix of old (deore Xt Chainset and mechs, Deore thumb shifters) and new Deore XT hubs with mavic rims and DT swiss spokes. Stem is a 89'ish spesh one and bars are X-lite cross country. Rigle mojo canti hangers and xtr cantis.

Anyway, here she is now....

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Super effort James. You'll have some nice period tyres for it soon also ;)

Nice thumbies, they really add that finishing touch :p

Very nice looking machine!

Very nice James.

I saw the wjite paint pic and thought, why respray? Then saw the red and thought what a lush paint job. Grey/ blak rims and amber wall tyres - the best combination.

Everyone knows red bikes are the fastest.

:D

I was thinking the same as Wutang. White looked alright, but that deep red is stunning. Nice work :cool:

oh my word that looks amazing

here i am getting excited about my new clockwork (even though I havent found out what year it is yet) and then I see this.

Heres the thing - my first ever bike was the same! an 89 in a turquoise sort of blue..

Anyone got a photo in that colour

Your ride brings back a few memories - heres the best one..........

Managed to drive my parents mad to buy me it, and we had it home 3 weeks before christmas - i wasn't allowed to take it out. I used to literally come home from school and sit on it for hours. reckon i did a few miles round my parents 15" square utility room! Priceless........

Back