My 01/02 Klein Adept...new updates from my OP

The temperature many powder coaters run their ovens at is very close to the temp for alu bonding.

If you want to chance it you may find a powder coater that runs a bit cooler- this makes the paint less stable tho apparently.

Best to leave as is, or get a (very) expensive spray job.

nice bike BTW- must get round to building up my Quartet of Kleins :)

Andy

SF Klein":30ecq6px said:
Do you know if they're all like that after a certain number of miles or is it possible to grease or replace the squeaky part?

not tried it yet :oops: :LOL:

I have just purchased a 2001 adept comp frame from a fellow forum member. Hopefully will get around to building it in a couple of weeks. Got all the build kit just lacking the time.

That said I am still missing the rear disc mount I ordered weeks ago from the US.

Have to say I am not keen on the use of 3dv on the frame, but then 3dv looks odd in most uses in my mind.

My jamaican gold frame will be built using RC36 stealth's, hope mono mini's and thomson stuff. Going for a simple black build kit.

Looking forward to getting it all done though.

I'm quite liking this :cool: would love to see a pair of knobblies on there. Its a hard sell mtb's with slicks. Reminds me of my Killer V frame.

kaiser":30s6ftk2 said:
I'm quite liking this :cool: would love to see a pair of knobblies on there. Its a hard sell mtb's with slicks. Reminds me of my Killer V frame.

the KLein with the 3DV road tires is my #2 Klein Adept for work commuting and general goofing off. My original Klein #1 below is built soley for MTN. I bought the #2 as a frame only for insurance in case something happens to my MTN Klein. I used to swap wheels back and forth when i ride road and just decided to build the #2 for road only so i didn't have to swap tires all the time One reason for the retro parts. It ain't going to be bashed.

Killver V C'dale! Yes! My friend had one of these and i couldn't help liking the "v" cross frame and when this Klein came out it really reminded me of the Killer V.

AdeptMtn.jpg

here is my newly updated Adept with....can anyone see anything i just added. great vintage stuff thanks to fellow countryman Jeff.

AdeptRoad3.jpg

Jeff hooked me up with some 3dv ringle holey type QR skewers and a 3dv binder seat bolt.

still looking for a 3dv kooka billet or klyde 105 mm, 0 deg stem

Looks sharp and completes the blue/purple look. But I think your front QR is on the wrong side isn't it? I thought all QR's should close on the same side of the bike? Or is that a Hawaiian thing? :p

Back