Overburys Cross Fell

cdaimers

Devout Dirtbag
In order to restore some dignity to this forum, I enclose my nearly completed overburys for your review. I have built it up with bits and bobs acquired and some I have had from new, (those XC Pro Bear Traps have got a lot of scars to answer for).

This really it is a bike which I am going to ride, not some showroom masterpiece and I have gone for reliability and durability and used components I know wont let me down on the fells here in Cumbria.

There is a few things to finish on it but it has not stopped me from having a blast around the woods at the back of the house.

• Frame Overburys Cross Fell 531 circ 1986
    Fork Overburys 531
    Headset Shimano 105
    Stem Suntour XC 2
    Handlebar Renthal Low Super Bike
    Grips Richey Foam WCS
    Brakes On One Pompino Cantis
    Cantilever cable hangers On One
    Brake Levers Suntour XC Pro
    Shifters Suntour XC2 Friction (donated from a Maverick in 198:cool:
    Front Derailleur Shimano XT
    Rear Derailleur Shimano XT
    Cassette Shimano LX
    Chain Sachs
    Cranks Shimano XT
    Chainrings Sugino
    Bottom Bracket Shimano XT
    Pedals Suntour XC Pro (puchased new in 1984)
    Quick Releases -
    Rims Mavic M517
    Hubs Front XC Pro Rear XTR M900
    Tyres Smoke and Dart
    Saddle Turbo
    Seatpost Suntour XC Pro

yni69g.jpg

yni69i.jpg

yni69j.jpg

yni69m.jpg

The frame was as bought, got it from re-cycle. It was mention on this forum before, near immaculate condition, even touched up in places.

I need to find a suitable mount zefal pump for the pegs.

Sweet as a nut that - good to see another Overbury's on the forum :D

Was out on it yesterday, did Mosedale - Skiddaw House - White Dash - Fell Side loop, great fun, just like being back in the 1980's. Amazed that the frame angles work so well even now.

Amusing moment when passing some FS MBUK full face helmet dudes on the white dash decent, passed them while they held the gate open, didn't catch us at all. Superb.

Back