GT STS 1000DS Complete

I like the crank, say what, I like the whole bike, very nice.

I remember these frames in the posh lbs hanging on the ceiling, not just symbolically out if reach. The aluminium LTS (frame only) was priced at twice my budget for the complete bike!

I also like the matching red spider and spring. I'd try and complete the triangle with some red in the cockpit area. You'd have a bit of red at the 3 corners of the frame. Red stem spacers and topcap or some grips would do. Kore stems are the standard for these GT's and they also did a red one, but imho that would be too much.

Enjoy!!

The original decals are red.... but they are rocking horse poo:( I will keep tryinging though as they will finish it up after a couple of other bits.

i think race face or a mc mahon steely danz are the best cranks for this bike.

i love that frame.best fully ever made.

+1 on raceface, i'm using some retro-ish ('01?) raceface turbines on my up-to-date-ish build just because they're still great cranks!

hmm. quite like the spider being red. maybe the chainring bolts as well. i think a red chainset/chainrings would be too much.

i wouldn't want to go with too much colour just subtle hints here n there.

going to be a stunning build. nice work.

adlyhobart":2enkn54h said:
my god, i didnt realise they did a rear end with disk brake lugs on! i would kill for one of them. know any one that has one? am going to get some welded on mine but would rather have the real thing. sts1 98`

Stevetait":2enkn54h said:
I didnt realise either until I found this....looked hard and long for a catalogue print with the spec listed/pictured to no avail. Sets it up just right though.

I think people went through a phase of crossbreeding the DH frames with DS ones. Basically you put a DH rear end on your DS. The same has been done with LTS' aswell. Why you'd do this instead of just buying a DH in the first place I don't know.
It all makes sense here though (Page 35 onwards):

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge/PDF/GT/1998.pdf

DH has an ally headtube, DS is all carbon. You got a DS with a DH butt. :LOL:

Ok...so I have just got so close to getting the correct Red/Silver decals for my 1000ds but.... the correct colour ones I have are for an STS DH, whilst I have a full set for a 1000DS in another colour.

The choices are...different colour or trim the DH off and have just an STS logo on the top tube.... the question is, which colour is best??

Original colours...but DH

img013.jpg

Different colours...correct model :?

img014.jpg

Back