1998 Volvo Cannondale project

fingers":3c9mf5e9 said:
Yours looks good with the maguras tho - Ashton rode for the team and used mags...

I think the front brake in the pic in this thread is an avid, btw.,

Yes it is actually an Avid tri align brake. Will post a something in the "wanted section".

densjo":93n6k2a9 said:
fingers":93n6k2a9 said:
Yours looks good with the maguras tho - Ashton rode for the team and used mags...

I think the front brake in the pic in this thread is an avid, btw.,

Yes it is actually an Avid tri align brake. Will post a something in the "wanted section".

captain8track":93n6k2a9 said:
your bike looks like a wc racer as it is.

Allison rode azonics risers I think, and they acctually had SACHS twisters and some xtr rear mech at some times.

She was probarly the only one riding risers at that time, don't really know why they just didn't flip the stem?

and it's also a bit interesting looking at F-series bikes from 2000 and after who have the stems on the + side insteed of downwards. This makes a F-series bike look like a pollished turd.

My point is don't get caught up in the idea of making an identical replica because they had various of bikes, I've even seen Allison on a Killer V with maguras and that strange black fork. Probarly somekind of test bike, looked ace. You have a great foundation, your bike must be rather light to!

Thanks for this information ! I agree that it looks like a turd if you have the stem upright. Doesn't look racy at all. Weight of the bike is now: 10.88 kg. So my wishlist now is Azonic riser bar, Syncros titanium seatpost, Avid tri align frontbrake, Avid Arch Supreme rear brake, Avid SD Ultimate levers Headshok Fatty SL fork, Coda Magic cranks and IRC Mythos XC Kevlar red wall tires (almost on the way).

well

good luck with this project.

Does anyone know what kind of fatty allison rode? the black one that looks more like a pace carbon fork... thoose puppies were awesome.

I had that allison look on my xc-rig -97 with a -20degree profile stem and a riserbar it was pretty cool, same ride height as usual but wider! looked kind of cool on a non cannondale to. everything was a go go in the 90´s!

I almost bought a f800 for around 50euros with xt topmounts but hadn't the time to go pick it up. still regret that, the fork was shot but there's always fattys and leftys for sale cheap somewhere! or just threat the orginal fork with some lube..

Re: well

captain8track":29g4l4m1 said:
Does anyone know what kind of fatty allison rode? the black one that looks more like a pace carbon fork... thoose puppies were awesome.

I think the carbon legged one was a normal Super/Ultra whatever but with those special legs. Probably some kind of a prototype version that never made to production. You can see a similar fork (albeit covered with mud) in Marc Gullickson's bike above.

Re: well

captain8track":20oq3pod said:
good luck with this project.

I had that allison look on my xc-rig -97 with a -20degree profile stem and a riserbar it was pretty cool, same ride height as usual but wider! looked kind of cool on a non cannondale to. everything was a go go in the 90´s!

I almost bought a f800 for around 50euros with xt topmounts but hadn't the time to go pick it up. still regret that, the fork was shot but there's always fattys and leftys for sale cheap somewhere! or just threat the orginal fork with some lube..

I have a picture from Alisons 'Dale with that fork, unfortunately my scanner doesn't function :?
Here is a recent photo from my Dale.
img1215l.jpg

And I was crazy enough to spend more than EUR 200 on the Coda Magic cranks with the bottom bracket today
img1217u.jpg

Re: grrr

captain8track":kd5nflc8 said:
it looks great!!!

seemed to be in real good condition, I was on the prowl of getting one but ended up with another kona.

Thanks ! I really have problems with removing the cup on the driveside, so I need to go to the LBS.
I ditched the carbon bottlecages and mounted a simple alu cage. I also received the Syncros titanium seatpost which I won on Ebay.
I don't know what's next. I suppose it will be a Headshok Fatty SL fork.
Still on my wishlist are IRC Mythos Kevlar redwall tires and Avid Arch Supreme brakes.

img1222h.jpg

Latest posts

Back