BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got something a bit different coming.......watch this space.

Hints: It's over 20 years old. It's Japanese.

legrandefromage":3m3z7ufu said:
RetroBIKE's very own team Force India presents a saved-from-landfill Saracen Sahara Elite despite having no hope whatsoever of coming anywhere near a podium finish....

Looks good with the black LX on it LGF.

i believe in fixies":1a0bfk9q said:
legrandefromage":1a0bfk9q said:
RetroBIKE's very own team Force India presents a saved-from-landfill Saracen Sahara Elite despite having no hope whatsoever of coming anywhere near a podium finish....

Looks good with the black LX on it LGF.

Cheers! just waiting on enough money to buy some LX STI

mechagouki":1ateutev said:

Here you go; 1986 Miyata One Thousand: Shimano Deerhead/600 equipped, 90% original (front wheel is a replacement). My favourite bikes have 26" wheels and fat knobby tires, but this is a beautiful machine. Made in Japan, no compromise quality - still on it's original tires (which according to Sheldon Brown's website are the only radial bicycle tires ever made) and the seat and grips are original too. It was very dirty when I got it, looks fantastic now (IMHO).

miyataside.jpg

miyatafront.jpg

Mmmm, that is saucy. Never that bothered about road bikes but that is pushing my button.

Its going to be a tough month.

mechagouki":2schpqn5 said:
mechagouki":2schpqn5 said:

Here you go; 1986 Miyata One Thousand: Shimano Deerhead/600 equipped, 90% original (front wheel is a replacement). My favourite bikes have 26" wheels and fat knobby tires, but this is a beautiful machine. Made in Japan, no compromise quality - still on it's original tires (which according to Sheldon Brown's website are the only radial bicycle tires ever made) and the seat and grips are original too. It was very dirty when I got it, looks fantastic now (IMHO).

miyataside.jpg

miyatafront.jpg
Very, very nice.

eastcoaststeve":1bh9cwos said:
And now an entry based purely on fun and goofiness....had a blast rescuing it, enjoyed a wackey build putting it together, and smiled like a five year old the whole time I was riding it. :D

link to the build for more pics and background:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... er&start=0

breezertrials1.jpg

breezertrials2.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

Cool Steve; love the action shots :cool:

now what woods are those, and what's with the shin guards ;)

(the first question being serious; the second one, not so much.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back