MTB Room 101

Emmm

Kirk revolutions.Yuck the ugliest frame ever made!

Any stem with a rise above 0%.Just looks looks like a special needs bike.. in fact people who raise up their quill stem in anyway!

V brakes.No No No

Bottle Holders.Convinced Im gonna catch my leg on it in someway!

Amber wall tyres

Oh and Im gonna be killed for this but PACE frames!Yes you heard it right!

J

Adrenaline Junkie Max DH Yankee Stunty videos with driving geetars as a soundtrack............nip ma heid rotten, they do!

Room 101

All in one handlebar and barends.

Or even worse drop handle bars on a MTB, unless your name begins with John and ends in Tomac and only road with them for a year.

Seat quick releases.

Can we add types of riders to Room 101?

If so:

the guy who cleans his bike in the garage before race day, and then has to carry it over his gravel drive to the car, so he turns up to the race with clean dust free tyres, only to spectate

the 50 yo rider who had to have all the lightest components on his small sized Cannondale, even tho he should be riding a medium, just to turn up to club rides and races only to not ride nor race

the club coach who thinks his son is the future of british cycling and needs to go on training weekends at the Manchester Velodrome and have all the attention on club training rides, only for his son to fall off his bike and knock himself out in his first race whilst being beaten by a girl (i think it was a very young nicole cooke)

all the people who organised the training weekend i went to which I paid for with my pocket money, this involved a "king cycle" VO2 max test on a turbo trainer, one rider decided to take his cycling jacket off when on the bike which got taggled in his gears instantly stopping the bike and breaking the turbo trainer, causing me to miss my turn, I was promised another go at a different date but they didn't bother to arrange it,

people I used to ride with in the early 90s who tried to persuade me to buy a Cannondale (when they had 1'' headsets), even though they broke their frames every couple of months and had to wait weeks for a replacement,

the person who decided on the Saturday qualifying race at the Malvern Hills Classic and then allowed everyone to race on the Sunday anyway,

anyone who fell off infront of me at a race start

blokes who got their girl friends or wives into mtbing and made them race at competitions, and took it really seriously telling everyone how great their partners are at riding when they came 3rd in a race of 3 participants,

Re: Room 101

amt27":1708y3f6 said:

If so:

I think you forgot those nostalgic folk who believe that their 15-20 year old bike is more than a match for modern machinery?? ;)

Re: Room 101

andrewl":19a3icqt said:
amt27":19a3icqt said:

If so:

I think you forgot those nostalgic folk who believe that their 15-20 year old bike is more than a match for modern machinery?? ;)

Nah, I'm one of those LOL, the people I have listed I met between '90-'95.

Back