Name that RM bike!

roc6839":2trz9n0e said:
No, not the right name.
I should have made his name clear. It was Derek Bailey

That's what I typed, but for some reason my brain altered his surname... probably at the thought that Bill Bailey built bikes :shock:
qDRaEXfi0qeq39ni3mVOwq4Wo1_400.jpg

:LOL:

he still built Rocky Mountain Road bikes, not just the odd funny bike.

I guess why the Equipe was guessed at originally (and 1993) was the components and frame material, they are of the same spec.... but of course feck all like it.

Don't get me wrong people. This was intended to be a fun guessing thread. Don't take this serious. I am a Rocky Mountain fan and I want to weasel out all they other FANS. I saw this bike in his storage and I thinking what is it? I thought it would be fun for other members to guess. I well post the answer in a next day or 2.
I have not been to the pit in years.
I well start a new thread with pictures from the velo bike show.

wow is that it? that's all the attempts on naming this?

okay, well the answer is…

Attachments

• Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,157
Never seen it before that I remember, but weasel I've heard... probably not in conjunction with the bike though :LOL:

So if it's a Trials bike why did they drop the Trails name they had been using for the many years before that ?

Who was riding them, Mark Cahill used to ride the trials bikes (though I don't actually know who he is :LOL:) and what year was it made in ?

Tange Ultimate Ultralight only came out in 92, and was only on the scene for a couple years - I'd guess 92-93.

rb

suburbanreuben":2ca0acqi said:
RichieB":2ca0acqi said:
Tange Ultimate Ultralight only came out in 92, and was only on the scene for a couple years - I'd guess 92-93.

rb
A bit too light?

Nah - just that steel started it's decline in popularity for high end bikes in about 92. Just bad timing.

Back