April 1993 Zaskar LE

i like it as it is but if it were mine (was mine??)the stem and chainrings would be for the firing line

i actually think it's just about perfect, the frame is more than enough bling for one bike, and that thing just says 'take me out and thrash me'. Love those forks too - def. nicer than P2s.

Agree with the above ^^^
black forks, stem, rings and seatpost add visual balance while letting the frame shine.

If you really must add bling then maybe just blue ano QR, jockey wheels & a Ringle H20 (but might be a step too far)

theres an hounesty about that as it is.......id go at the stem if the urge to fiddle gets too much......

The biggest problem early GT frames have is that they are ever so slightly suspension corrected - as soon as anybody replaces the GT rigid fork with something shorter it really fucks the handling.

This would have originally had MAG 21 ahead forks. They are good but the memory of fork seals bursting on a regular basis, vague steering and lifting paint means I dont really want to go back.

any 1992/3/4 period fork recommendations or should I plump for the obvious Bologna lite originals....

I have a 94 Zaskar but the rear hangar is snapped off. Any idea who can fix it. It,s mostly original and complete runner.
Cheers Terry

Many Zaskars was paired with AMP forks back to days. Silver bike and forks would look nice. They are very light and almost doesn't require servicing if you could find one...

Back