The best retro part in your collection

no frames :( don't have much retro parts. so my Hope second generation ultra light hub would be it :)
or my LP carbon seat pin

You're right, I was being a bit flippant, although I do have a bit of a mental block when it comes to either buying (or using) really good/rare stuff.

I do have a really minty M231 wheelset from yo-eddy with XT 730/732 hubs. Judging by the condition, they only saw a few miles of light action BITD. Nicest wheels I own, lovely and light and looking forward to getting them on the Stumpy.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76327

Current favourite is the Mavic Crankset on the Goat. So shiney and nice. Rest of the Mavic groupo is lush too- those little labels really float my boat.

I think cranksets are my fave bike part- the TA's on the Klunk are lovely and the lightest cranks I have ever seen.

For me I'm sure everyone knows it's my first generation cable Hope Hub and Disc ....

img_0066_201.jpg

main.php

The Ken":igg5kx82 said:
For me I'm sure everyone knows it's my first generation cable Hope Hub and Disc ....

img_0066_201.jpg

main.php

TK what was the original set up for securing the disk mount thing to the forks? That looks a home-made solution? Albeit very nifty.

that is how they were done, those are the original parts but in the leaflet shot you can see where it is broken, on the bike the dark material is JB weld :) - it has held for over a year (it is reinforced).

One of 3 things:
Either my Pauls tumbies (retro spirit)
My Goldtec titanium nitrade coated hub set on Ambrosio CX22 rims
(both the above are on my RC200 build...link in signature)
Or my 3DV Middleburn front hub laced to a FIR rim using titanium tye-dye spokes... so blingy it hurts!

oakleys

atm it would be my original 1st generation crystal red frame/strike lense with white earsock oakleys.
'cos they are nice and light, dont take up much room, and i dont have to unbolt them from anything with the house burning down :cool:

erm forgot how to post pics from links :oops:

dsc00016_201.jpg

- fixed by TK

Back