voodoo wanga (hee hee)

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
2007 voodoo wanga converted to fully ridgid and single speeded. pretty light, probably about 23 pounds.

Frame: 19" voodoo black magic steel

Fork: p2 alike

Headset: fsa orbit
Stem: fsa
Handlebar: tioga o/s carbon
Grips: lockons
Barends: are gay

Brakes: hope minis with goodridge hoses
Brake Pads: yep got four
Brake Cables: dot 5.1
Brake Levers: hope

Shifters: are for girls
Front Derailleur: too heavy
Rear Derailleur: too sticky outy
Derailleur Cables: in the bin
Cassette: on the other half bike
Chain: kmc gold ss
Cranks: fsa
Crank Bolts: on the left
Chainrings: 36tooth cnc'd loviliness
Chainring bolts: mech hanger bolts
Bottom Bracket: fsa external
Pedals: spuds

Hub Skewers: nice and tight
Rims: wtb
Hubs: formular sealed cartridge
Nipples: the eternal conundrum
Spokes: black, black like your soul
Tyres: spesh pro's
Tubes: great crisps

Saddle: brown spoon :cool:
Seatpost: black spire from cornish al
Seatpost Binder: soon to be salsa'd

Weight: bout 23lbs

Attachments

• 21112009 005 (Medium).jpg
    21112009 005 (Medium).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 4,948
  • 21112009 006 (Medium).jpg
    21112009 006 (Medium).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 4,948
  • 21112009 007 (Medium).jpg
    21112009 007 (Medium).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 4,948
Very nice bike, but (in my opinion) those forks do it no favours - it would look much better with something like a pair of Vicious Cycles or Salsa forks with nice tapered blades.

In fact, if it was mine I'd be fitting a pair of 425mm a/c 26" Salsa Cromotos and a 29" front wheel - there's loads of room for even a 2.35 tyre and the front end would end up no higher than it is now.
I've attached a pic. showing the clearance with a 2.35" Panaracer Rampage - a good 20mm+ all round.

Just a thought...... ;)

Attachments

• Rampage-clearance.jpg
    Rampage-clearance.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4,887
Another vote for the Salsa Cromoto.

The F8 fork looks the business on Fingers' Orange but the Voodoo could do with something...less chunky.

Granted this shot is with a slick tyre on but you get some idea of the space available for a 29'' wheel. :cool:

P1010055.jpg

Its the route I plan to take with my Caldera.....

must admit almost went for a salsa fork but this came up at a very nice price, and you cant get a salsa without v bosses, and i love the smooth look. 29" isn't for me either, i have a road bike :D and i way 16 stone and like to crank on my bars :D

hoegaardenadds1":2b5zdbrm said:
must admit almost went for a salsa fork but this came up at a very nice price, and you cant get a salsa without v bosses, and i love the smooth look. 29" isn't for me either, i have a road bike :D and i way 16 stone and like to crank on my bars :D

It is a pity that the 425mm Cromoto's aren't available (here at least) without V brake mounts, but hey!, it's nothing that an hours work with a hacksaw and a file can't cure ;) .

And not wanting to evangelise here but don't knock the whole 69er thing until you've tried it - plus I'm sure that any half decent 29" front wheel would be more than capable of handling anything that you could hand out to it, 16 stone or not...

"Free your mind, man, and the rest will follow" - just as surely as the small rear wheel follows the larger front :cool: :cool: .

hoegaardenadds1":37vkyeb2 said:
i way 16 stone and like to crank on my bars :D

Don't worry dude, I weigh 100kg too and touch wood all is good in the land of MArk!

I plan to send mine to argos to have the canti studs removed...

have ridden a 29er and loved it, but prefer the 26 off road. strokes and folks and all that. :D

am going to keep an eye out for a used cromoto, as the thought of attacking a new one gives me the shivers :shock:

hoegaardenadds1":52sv6wsw said:
am going to keep an eye out for a used cromoto, as the thought of attacking a new one gives me the shivers :shock:

It really is an easy enough job as long as you have a vice with some soft jaws (or even a Workmate) and you know how to use a hacksaw and files.
Work slowly and carefully and don't be tempted to go too close with the hacksaw, as it would be all to easy to forget that you are working on a cylindrical surface.
Find an old frame at your local tip and practice on that first and you'll be right :cool: .

Back