The best retro part in your collection

velomaniac":1248w6jl said:
Shimano short cage 'Crane' rear mech. Top of the tree roadbike component from 1970's, quite rare and fetch good money. Especially treasured as it cost me £2.50 but worth at least 10x as much :cool:

I love rear mechs, especially from roadbikes, items of engineering beauty.

Know what you mean velo I have a shimano 600 rear mech and even given it is not very special, it looks amazing and you can't help but admire the design.

Sorry tintin, no frames allowed, just componants ( loving this laying down the rules lark :twisted:)

For me it has to be the newest trinket i have (and not seen in the flesh yet as i'm offshore) and thats my short cage DX rear mech. I've had XT, LX, XTR, STX RC but never any DX. Am a wee bit excited :LOL:

clockworkgazz":1amai0xo said:
Would love a dx project- very nice looking groupo.

I'm craving an LX build at present on a marin eldridge grade maybe, you know v.similar to the one i sold last year :roll:

Yeah i almost had a black lx bike in the univega but putting the forks on put paid to the canti and shifters which are now in my spare box if you ever need some ;)

Yeah in really good nick, the lever/shifters are nos if you ever need some. Pm me tomorrow and I can do some pictures.

Latest posts

Back