Klein .... am I missing something?

993GT2":3d4bp5gp said:
:D That's what Klein's are made for!!

Like women are made to clean the house, Klein's are made to be ridden :D

You need to teach the Klein to clean, and then your woman will be free for...er..

Nevermind. :shock: :cool:

Carsten":2y92ohjk said:
also the MC1 era frames (until 1993) were not particularly light. Mountainklein, Pinnacle, Rascal, MC1 Attitude frames weigh 2000grams and more iirc. i think my medium MountainKlein frame with bottom bracket was 2300grams. Pinnacle and Rascal are not much lighter. only the MC1 Adroit frame is lighter with the thinner walled tubes and carbon/boron reinforcements. even back then there were lighter steel and Ti frames but they were much less "stiff".
a big step ahead in terms of weight were the Gradient tubes on the MC2 era bikes. the Pulse frame weighs 1500grams, 400-500 grams less than the Rascal which it kinda replaced. and even that is not overly light compared to current frames.

cheers, carsten

I've found the weight from my Rascal (before I gave it away) and it was 1720g or 3.79lb
The press fit bottom bracket (2x cartridge bearings and an axle) was 275g or 9.5oz (0.59lb).

Finally here....
bad1.jpg

bad4.jpg

Shamus":2zd3p50v said:
Finally here....
bad1.jpg

bad4.jpg

Shamus, no teasing....get the full monty on this site. :LOL:

Is this an Adroit? I'm guessing yes due to the size of the down tube in comparison the decal. Looks MINTY :D

ameybrook":51p4dm4h said:
Panza":51p4dm4h said:
People ask why the Kleins are so expensive and the answer , when they were new is this: Gary and his companion was trying to make a living out of the bikes but they couldn't. Then a great idea comes to one of them. Can't remember who, but the ideas was: Double the prices.
And double the prices they did. After that they couldn't keep up with the demand...

Is that your final answer?

Yes it is.
They look nice, but buying a bike from a fat guy for twice what it's worth is not my idea of a good deal.

Panza":2qa12f5f said:
They look nice, but buying a bike from a fat guy for twice what it's worth is not my idea of a good deal.

Without that sort of people this site wouldn't exist!
How many people on here have paid silly money for old bike parts?

I have!

Panza":28087bdw said:
Yes it is.

Interesting to note that Klein never had a set of "rider weight limits" on its frames. Nowadays, when I'm admiring some of the nicer, lightweight stuff I usually see some sort of * with fine print that indicates that anyone over 180 pounds or so is outta luck.

In any event, it seems a bit silly to suggest that all Klein owners are "fat guys". For the record I'm 5'8" 170 pounds so by my very existence, his theory is false.

And as to the definition of "worth" - isn't that a relative statement at its core? For example, that Yeti C-26 that recently sold was "worth" $1,000 TO ME so by Panza's argument, its value should have been $2,000 which is twice its worth. ;) But to the person who actually bought it, it was worth much much more TO THEM. In any event, I love the Klein haters. In fact, I wish there were more of them - it means that there would be fewer people for me to compete with when a tasty Klein comes up for sale somewhere. :p

Back