FS Cornelo (badged Colnago) full campag inc. delta brakes

joe1983

Retro Guru
Hi, got a Colnago (badged!) bike for sale. It is a beautiful looking bike but I am not 100% sure it is actually a Colnago. I bought it off an old guy who had had it professionally resprayed in candy red (pics make it look a bit pink), who bought it off another old guy from the VCC. Apparently before the respray it was also badged Colnago and he said he thought it was the original paint BUT the clover lugs are different to normal Colnago ones so I am not positive. The last guy claimed he had sent pics to mercian and another framebuilder omitting the colnago decals and they reckoned it was a Colnago; perhaps built for, rather than by them.

I don't know. I asked on Classic Rendezvous for ideas as to the heritage, and so far it has been sugested to be a Stan Pike, a Colner, Cornelo (Dutch builder who were somehow connected with Colnago), and a Woodrup!

- I am now of the oppinion it is a Cornelo.

In any case it is a super nice frame. Chromed chainstays, beautiful clover cutouts in head and seatlugs plus some fancy scrolling, Columbus tubing, Cinelli investment cast BB shell, Campagnolo dropouts.

Size: ST: 58cm c-c 60cm c-t
TT: 57cm c-c

Fitted with Colnago headset, Colnago pantographed 3ttt stem, 3ttt bars. Campagnolo C Record brake levers, downtube shifters, seatpost, and Delta brakes. Campagnolo bottom bracket, Athena rear mech, Chrorus chainset, Veloce front mech and Look pedals. Chorus hubs on Mavic Open 4CD rims, like new Veloflex Master clinchers. Selle Italia saddle branded Colnago. Campag skewers, rings, bolts etc.

I'd like £625 with delta calipers or £500 with Mirage calipers.

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

Price drop to £600 with delta's, £475 without. Will be splitting and putting bits on ebay tonight if no interest.

Ta

Back