Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kaiser":3p9dopdk said:
Neil G":3p9dopdk said:
I wouldn't even class old Raleigh Burners, Grifters etc cool
Cool for kids, when you started realising what was out there..... :oops:
But what was out there (on the British market) in 1978 that a 10 year old could ride - or even reasonably ever hope to own?

Before the BMX boom really hit (early eighties?) the Grifter was where it was at.

Surveying the opinion, maybe there should be a Respect Wall as well as a Cool Wall, as exclusivity is overlapping with cool.

A lot of things are viewed as cool here, despite the fact that they break easily, which is pretty uncool to me, but they are exclusive I concede.

So to Raleigh I say "Respect" (and cool).

I remember hearing about the titanium dynatech's and know my thoughts were like.. :shock: :D :cool:
Not long after that, they appaered in magazines and I saw the pictures. First thought by than was more like :oops: :? :roll:

I don't know why... and actually I never asked myself why and don't even want to know why. For me it was clear: Raleigh is UNCOOL

Sorry for those chap's that married to one... it's just an opinion...

...but for me it's MY opinion...

therealkw15":1ixj9t6w said:
Surveying the opinion, maybe there should be a Respect Wall as well as a Cool Wall, as exclusivity is overlapping with cool.

A lot of things are viewed as cool here, despite the fact that they break easily, which is pretty uncool to me, but they are exclusive I concede.

So to Raleigh I say "Respect" (and cool).

Very true

I picked up these pics from other threads,I think at least they should be included :?

Attachments

• dynatech1994p5_6_823 (Large).jpg
    dynatech1994p5_6_823 (Large).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,415
  • brsp0005 (Large).jpg
    brsp0005 (Large).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,415
  • brsp0006 (Large).jpg
    brsp0006 (Large).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,415
Hmm. Looks like the Heron has taken a beating. Will have to put it out of it's misery in the next couple of days...

This picture sums up the 'uncool' vote for me:

brsp0006_large_123.jpg

Remove the decals and very few people would be able to tell this apart from 101 other no name Ti bikes.

So, the good people of retrobike have voted. And despite over 100 years of history Raleigh gets voted

uncool.jpg

Next up on the cool wall vote coming soon ;)

I have some weak spot for Raleigh, although I don't like most of them, but there are some really nice ones. And I still have a lot of Raleigh brochures and I would still like a MTi 1000.
So... yep.. cool

Back