Colnago master build. (sorry new bike content)

a.davis12

Old School Hero
well here's a thread for my new bike. on my last day of school i walked into work and ordered a masterlight. the frame and forks should be here before christmas (fingers crossed) and i should have everything else by then.

here is the build that i am going with.
Brakes: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Cables: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Crankset: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Fork: Colnago Precisa
Frame: Colnago Masterlight
Grips: Colnago Tape (of fizik, undecided)
Handlebar: 3T Rotundo Pro
Headset: Campagnolo Record
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Chromo.
Quick Releases: Campagnolo Record
Seat Binder: Colnago
Seat: Selle Italia SLR
Seatpost: Colnago
Stem: 3T
Shifter: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Cassette: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Chain: Campagnolo Record 11sp
Tyres: Continental Sprinter Gatorskin Tubular
Wheelset: Record/ambrosio crono f20/dt super comp.
Here are pictures of what i already have. Click them and they should get bigger.

Should look really cool when done cant wait to see the pics.

Retro pimp my ride (as my local bike shop Brian Rourkes called my ride) is really back in at the mo. I did a full Record 10 2006 goupset rebuild on my 1992 Z team Greg Lemond Colubus Cromor, with retro elements such as period cinelli bars, stem and Campagnolo Omega rims combined with modern comforts such as the Record Group, Full Carbon SLR saddle, Look Carbon Keo pedals. Will post some pics tomorrow if fine to photo as he end result was still in keeping.

Just starting my second build all NOS with regards to the NOS red / white Greg Lemond frame I have just bought off ebay. Doing this one in Campagnolo Veloce as cannot justify 2 bikes built in record so doing this one on a budget with all NOS bits again retro period cinelli bars & stem(getting rarer to find now new at a decent price), Campagnolo Omega rims (had a spare new set from the last build) combined with a new 2006 Veloce Groupset, and ultra rare World Champion Alesssandro Ballan SLR saddle :cool: .

Have a chance to switch to Look Delta pedals but have dodgy knees I think I will stick with the floating KEO's as its maybe the retro fixed look delta that gave me knee trouble in the first place.

Good Luck

Tim

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

Very very nice, the frameset is the best thing Colnago have done by a mile for years.

thanks guys, i can't get the grin off my face.

Groupset was ordered today, if all goes well i will have it tomorrow, and wheels next week, ill order my headset tonight, so hopefully that arrives soon, because i refuse to build up the frame with the pig like FSA POS headset that the frame came with.

lucky man

You lucky man, that looks stunning.
It will keep you grinning for many years, thats for sure.
Keep the pics coming.

Jamie

Back