INTENSE thread new or old....

mrkawasaki":1oqw36u2 said:
Is it true that the seat tube frame mount is therefore prepared for the pivot role??

Mr K

Nah dude, the hole in the knuckle becomes the rocker pivot. As well as the seatstay section, you'll need the rocker assembly, and a new new shock too [I have a spare Float R if you're interested] as the shock extended length will need to change.

I imagine the FSR Rocker setup will be tortionally more rigid since the rear triangle becomes smaller in effect.

kingroon":2hf04fjc said:
mrkawasaki":2hf04fjc said:
Is it true that the seat tube frame mount is therefore prepared for the pivot role??

Mr K

Nah dude, the hole in the knuckle becomes the rocker pivot. As well as the seatstay section, you'll need the rocker assembly, and a new new shock too [I have a spare Float R if you're interested] as the shock extended length will need to change.

I imagine the FSR Rocker setup will be tortionally more rigid since the rear triangle becomes smaller in effect.

Sorry - that's what I meant - re. the 'knuckle' (good word!). What do you imagine the differences would be/feel like? Maybe we should do a back-to-back test!

Surely the FSR would be more flexible due to the 2 extra pivot points??

Mr K

mrkawasaki":2itceyqn said:
Sorry - that's what I meant - re. the 'knuckle' (good word!). What do you imagine the differences would be/feel like? Maybe we should do a back-to-back test!

Surely the FSR would be more flexible due to the 2 extra pivot points??

Mr K

I wish I could lay claim to the word Knuckle, I think the Yeti ASR started that one :LOL:

A Back-To-back Test would do it! I do think the FSR system is among the best [if not the best] susp. system out there. Esp. given the very wide pivot point about the Knuckle and relatively short distance between that pivot point and the [other] rocker end where the shock is bolted..

I'm no Suspension Officianado however given the proliferance of Rocker Systems out there compared with Single Pivot and hence direct shock mount [I hear someone scream Orange 5], I'd say there must be some truth in it..?

I'm in total agreement about FSR-style rear ends - I'm keen to try this last generation AMP-style against my ProFloater too. A bike handling day has got to happen in 2010...!

Mr K

First build of the Uzzi - much tweaking and sorting to be done yet. Aiming for a 'tough' XC specification... NOS DHs; L&Ms; Syncros hubs/wheels and Pauls complement the unbelievably milled-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life frame!

Mr K

Attachments

• Uzzi 2.jpg
    Uzzi 2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Uzzi 1.jpg
    Uzzi 1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,270
Tazer 'crack whore' ;>)

From . . .

13ez5c.jpg

to . . .

13m70b.jpg

Cracking (pun intended) little bike :p

Full story here.

I think it was a problem with the early models - subsequent Tazers had slightly beefier rear ends and a different shock mount gusset without the cut-out.

Looking forward to seeing your HT pics.

It's good to scan Ebay for spare Intense FSR parts.. I think there were some Uzzi parts a month or so back..

Got a coupla updated photos of my Uzzi..

4898168132_95b1c0b512_b.jpg

4898168318_54fa495af1_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back