XC Pro cassette - how to remove? - pics up now

No, it is Suntour. See here =>

xcpro3.jpg

xcpro2.jpg

xcpro1.jpg

Maybe I am overlooking something, but it looks like it only can be done with 2 of these =>

blt-11.jpg

That looks like a cassette to me! Guess you are stuck with the tools you have. Try to clean the cogs a bit, gives a better view on stuff. Otherwise it's the ferry to Lowestoft ;)

More pics!

Another hub, same system.

Axle assembly removed.

xcpro4.jpg

xcpro5.jpg

The 2 notches look suspicious, don't they?

Now I think a bit longer on it, I think they must be there for another reason.

Furthermore I can see the facility to remove the body, so it sounds plausible it is indeed a cassette hub.

Probably I have to use force! ...or I will forever have to use that cassette. Maybe it will work with a 'new' chain as it doesn't have of those tiny teeth.

Those nothes are probably a means to change the cups. It still looks like a cassette that is locked with the smallest cog to me.

Thanks for all your help Spikes/Pieter! :D

Another way I can possibly go is removing body with cassette. Does a Shimano body fit on a Suntour XC Pro hub ???

Would also make soucing a new cassette way easier.

Hi,
I want to place a pic that I think would be helpfull...and all i get is this:

You must have 1 posts before you can post URL's/Links.

o.k., sometimes you lose...and sometimes someone else is winning...

plz add ww... fotos.mtb-news.de/fotos/showphoto.php/photo/368698/ppuser/1337

bye, Markus

...next try...

hub looks similar to this one:

xc-po_hub.jpg

So the last sprocket is screw on the second last which is screw on the freehub body.
Looking from the right side it´s like there are two rings: the outer one belong to the last sprocket, "inner ring" belongs to the second last sprocket.
The 11 teeth diameter (=micro drive) is to small for the freehub body so they made this...outstanding...part of mtb history (sometimes I think suntour got what they deserved).

Try to remove the second last like you usually tread the last sprocket; so you can both release together.

No, shimano freehub won´t fit the suntour hub and yes, that is just one more reason to switch the brand...sad, but true.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Markus

Back