BoTM December 2009 - Nomination please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only first day and we have stunning bikes here... :shock:
Looks like there will never be "easy" months anymore.

Wow stunning bikes already, the breezer being my fav. so far, however my entry has a festive angle to try and garner a few votes. For the full story read this thread

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52558

- basically got a wee clockwork frame in Feb to build up up for my sons xmas (for the purpose of the story we'll call him tiny tim) he's almost 8 and wants to hit the trails with his old man. I remember my first xmas bike fondly so hope he feels the same way.

Just think of his face on xmas morning, filled with awe and wonder (or more likely slacked jaw bemusement- where's the suspension dad?), the snow falling gently on our Dickensian hovel, our gruel is almost ready and me telling him that not only are we going to glentress with the macretro lads but he is also a member of the BOTM glitterati- you, fellow retro bikers, can make this dream come true- look into your hearts and vote for xmas- vote clockwork!

clockmini.jpg

miniclockwork3.jpg

Shamus":gikjo3jc said:
Only first day and we have stunning bikes here... :shock:
Looks like there will never be "easy" months anymore.

Agreed, don't think there has been an easy month for a while!

1997 EWR E-Motion

I'll toss the E-Motion in the ring, although I think EWRs are an acquired taste. Loving an EWR is like loving a dump truck. A wildly nimble dump truck to be sure, but a dump truck none-the-less! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4254small.JPG
    IMG_4254small.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 1,312
  • IMG_4262small.JPG
    IMG_4262small.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,312
no Fats this month, ok, will add mine..

Story goes.. had bike from USA, stripped to frame, sourced some proper bits, found some gems like the no logo CK threadset and WI ti BB, got to MM, built in the morning, raced in the afternoon! Sweetest ride ever, loved it.

Also it won the unofficial lightest retro bike of MM at 21.5lbs. Sweet as, considering it wasn't built as a lightweight and had heavy porcs on!

Enjoy, I do as much as possible.. :D :D

(sorry for shit pics, just quick Iphone shots, bad news and clearly off form, but hey)

Attachments

• IMG_0175_mod.jpg
    IMG_0175_mod.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_0182 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0182 - Copy.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,297
Nice one Gump .

what a month already , hopefully I ll have an entry ready very soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back