Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

It was just too cramped with the narrow bar. I may put them back on yet, i do like using barends.

I may have hinted at this somewhere but its now a reality....I now have a personal invite to Saracen HQ next week and they are allowing me to take my Netbook and scanner in for the day to scan ALL the vintage Saracen catalogues in their archive

I don't know how many they have (I suspect its everything) but i'll be starting at the beginning and working my way forwards. If this can all be done in one day then cool, if not i'll have to go back for a second visit.

After this i'll have a HUGE pile of images to tidy up, crop, stitch together etc. but the end result will be PDF copies of each year all hosted on my server and linked here :D

It might take a while, what with Xmas looming and spare time is always a premium in my world but i'll get them on here as fast as I can people ;)

if its a Canon scanner running off USB, they just about do it all automaticaly.

I'm looking forward to this too.

have some pictures of early saracens:

Attachments

• mmm nice.jpg
    mmm nice.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 1,151
  • saracen and -------.jpg
    saracen and -------.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 1,150
  • saracen.jpg
    saracen.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,150
neilll":koyx5tuh said:
I may have hinted at this somewhere but its now a reality....I now have a personal invite to Saracen HQ next week and they are allowing me to take my Netbook and scanner in for the day to scan ALL the vintage Saracen catalogues in their archive

I don't know how many they have (I suspect its everything) but i'll be starting at the beginning and working my way forwards. If this can all be done in one day then cool, if not i'll have to go back for a second visit.

After this i'll have a HUGE pile of images to tidy up, crop, stitch together etc. but the end result will be PDF copies of each year all hosted on my server and linked here :D

It might take a while, what with Xmas looming and spare time is always a premium in my world but i'll get them on here as fast as I can people ;)

Neilll: If you need a hand image editing and PDFing then I'll happily help out too.
Looking forward to seeing these.

PS. Great pictures LGF. :cool:

I spent the day at Saracen HQ yesterday.....I now have Saracen catalogue scans from 1987 to 2008 :shock: :shock:

It's gonna take me a while to build these up into PDF's but I wanted to let you all know they are coming....800+ scans to sift thru :cool:

Sadly all that remains of Saracen is contained in three lever arch files, one full of cats, one full of marketing materials and one of technical info for some of the bikes.

There is no surviving decal artwork, no serial number info, nothing....if it does exist then its still in the hands of an ex-Saracen employee and not handed over to the new company owners.

I had a great day and was made very welcome, they gave me an office to work from and an endless supply of coffee was available :D

ace!

ace.jpg

:D

As said before if you need a hand..... then don't ask me :p

So sad that that's all that is left of the old Saracen :(

Back