Mavic 'Gift' Set

cchris2lou":20df2fc9 said:

Good call Chris. It does have a touch of the Buck Rogers about it that would work well with Mavic.

Go on, do an all French build.

i believe in fixies":2s4hbzh9 said:
Go on, do an all French build.

With Sachs brakes - it could be done. Handlebars,saddle and spokes might have to be compromised though. Contemplated the idea myself TBH.

I'd be thinking on the lines of LOOK.

not sure on brakes , are the Sachs cantis ?

saddle would be fairly easy , Ideale would be an option .

same with handlebar , used to be a french company doing carbon fiber bars in the early 90s , called Barflex i think .

cchris2lou":g6h2foxl said:
not sure on brakes , are the Sachs cantis ?

Yes. They were the same in Quarz and New Success ATB. Pretty much clones of Dia-Compe 987s but smaller. Levers were very odd-looking though.

The hard bit will be finding any as they were not particularly popular. In my 15 years of MTBing,I've only ever seen 2 pairs fitted to bikes and one of them was mine. And they got nicked when I fitted them to a bike that the wife forgot to lock.....

With mavic groupo : Greg lemond ti frame ! :LOL:
If you really want a Sunn, hard to find, but the first Sunn riden by Gilles Sanders, with Vitus Rocky steel tubing (1991-92) all mavic groupo equiped.

But, is it really PGD rims ? If yes, you should find a frame before 1990. 88, 89… Because these big rims became "M281" around 1990 and the mavic MTB hubs were laced on the first M231 ceramic rims…
groupesmiroircyclisme91.jpg

If it's really PGD rims, a good old style steel frame, with U-brakes bosses under the chainstays :D

Latest posts

Back