ghosts.........

Im a non-believer

I dont remember much from my infant/toddier years but do remember that in our old house I would never stay up stairs on my own. Even going to the toliet I would run like hell up and down!!, I dont recall why either ... But....

When mum and Grandad were speaking about the house about 20 years later they mentioned my funny behavour ..... "Did you see her?" they asked!! :shock:

Apparently a lady used to walk quite regular upstairs in and out of the rooms!!! :shock:

I think the most interesting and much overlooked story of the Amityville house is:
Once again the house stood empty for over a year until the Cromarty family bought it in 1977 and they lived there quite peacefully for 10 years. In 1987 they sold the house to the O'Neill family and they lived there for over 10 years and sold it to their present owner who are all doing well and no signs of demons, voices, pigs eyes, flies or ghosts.

Still standing, with folks living happily in it........the only change is that the "eyes", the dutch windows have been replaced with rectangular ones.
Quite a boring property, really...... :p

Me and the missus bought our first house together back in '91. Three storey detached with the basement once being a separate property.No. 12 upstairs and No.13 downstairs. The House was dated as 1847 and was built for Iron Workers at the Old Cyfarthfa Works.

The house needed total gutting as it hadn't been lived in since 1972. It had been boarded up for nearly 20 years and the basement had been bricked up and condemned in the 1950's. Only cost £11k, bargain!! :)

After I bought it we knocked through into the basement and it was a bit of a creep fest. The basement had three rooms, with there being an old cast iron bed still in the bedroom, cast iron fireplace in the main room with pots and pans still on the hearth and a creepy old mirror still above the mantelpiece. The kitchen/scullery had old linoleum but the rest was a Flagstone floor throughout. It still had the old gas lights on the wall and ceiling. Ended up sticking a three storey extension on it at the rear and gutted the inside, it ended up being a brand new house both inside and out.

We moved in and as the House was pretty big we didn't use the basement rooms much except the utility room. In 1994 we had two pups and the basement was where they mostly lived. We ended up making the basement into a bit of a den / TV room where we both chilled out with the dogs. The dogs were about a year old when we noticed that for no reason the bitch would start barking at the walls. I would sit there with them both watching some TV and would watch the bitch looking around the room as if looking at someone or something, wagging her tail, etc. The dog didn't get as excited but would occasional look up as if being called. I never heard or saw anything

At the time we didn't have any kids so as every other dog owner will tell you, we took regular photographs of the pair of them. Now some of these photographs are regular dog eats bone, dog on sofa, dog wear sunglasses type affairs but I have a few which are quite freaky. I've got some when they were young pups walking up the stairs and there are streaking lights coming up the stairs after them. I can only describe these as the same as when you move a sparkler on Bonfire night quickly back and fore. I've got another few sets in the basement itself when there is the same effect present. No flash, natural daylight only and no jiggery pokery. If I can find these photographs I will get them posted up on here so you can tell me what you think. Even though both of the dogs baskets were in the original part of the house they both preferred sleeping in the new extension especially when we were both out.

Now the main bedroom was in the original part of the house. What would you do if lying in bed late at night your dog started barking at the wall behind the bed headboard? Used to be a regular occurrence in this house. I just used to yell at her to shut up and didn't think anything else of it. Lived in two houses since then and the dogs never acted the same.

My missus says that she felt really safe and at home in our old house and often says she wishes we were still there. :shock:

I think yer just talking nonsense.............

ye cannae buy a house for 11k!!!! :p

Be great if ye find the pics........one of the things that strikes me from your story and a lot of those on this thread is that a lot of these events are far more intriguing than scary.

Will definitely get those photo's scanned and put on here. Just been speaking to the wife about this, she feels that looking back there was definitely some strange moments but she never ever once felt frightened or scared as it was our home. If anything she felt more comfortable there than either of the two houses we've lived in since.

Blinds being open in the morning after being closed the night before, taps turning off etc.

For people who like this sort of thing here's a link for the new Paranormal Activity film. It's live streaming and watch it on one of the Megavideo links as its better quality

http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/movie ... _activity/

Bit of a Blair Witch type film, not to everyones liking but scared the shit out of me. Lots of other films on there as well.

By the way £11k in Merthyr back in '91 was quite posh ;)

the young and also pets have a sixth sense and are tuned into 'paranormal' activity.......most folk dont experience anything out of the ordinary.

i know a few people who have had experiences, i know a girl who regulary spoke and could see people from the 'other side' as we would call them. she hated visiting hospitals.....

also a good friend of mine who served in the paras then the SAS regiment and has seen/done some gruesome things pretty much had to self educate himself in order to stop himself being mentally scared for life due to what he had seen and went through in his time in the special forces.

he had some spooky stories, i remember him once telling me he prayed each night for forgiveness despite not being a religous man to clear his mind, one night waking saying he was wide awake with the devil inches from his face, clear as day......

another time as worker in a hospital morgue, he noted times seeing candles in the morgue flickering on the side where the kids bodies were, opposite the adults whos candles never budged.......

some of you know that for a long time ive see things im not surpossed to freaks averagemark out a little my mum see's things too i always get the happy one's come too me and mum always gets the sad one's the worst freak out in my house so far was me and mum where sat there dad went out with my younger bro and my girl friend terri came over and asked why me and my mum where laughing at the christmas bells hanging in the kitchen then she see them swing and ring on there own she proper freaked there is one ghost that just always plays with that christmas deck no idea why but my worst was being woken up by and old man who as he put just wanted to chat really friendly quite kinda guy but at 2am it was so unexpected it really freaked me out some people are sensitive some arn't

House i lived in briefly.
It was in Nottingham ,a big old house run by a Christian shelter group. Somewhere near the goose fair green,it was pretty old i'd say and over 4 floors including an attic room and that was mine,in in was an old fashioned inset fireplace with a chimney shutter to close it off to drafts and the like.it had been boarded over but i unboarded it as it was nice to look at.
Lying in bed one night reading light on ,little electric heater blasting away for all it was worth.
I kept finding my eyes being drawn towards the chimney shutter,which was open and i didnt remember leaving it open.
Next thing that happens is i suddenly think is its a bit cold,then if feels like someone has just sat down on the bed next to my shoulder.
I Fu**ing shit myself and legged it out the building,moved out that night never been back and sure as fu** dont want to,scares me thinking about it
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back